Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Canadians receive the update V7 yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just did a quick autosteer test on surface streets and the DVP. It worked amazingly well except for one situation where it didn't detect the right-hand curb and strayed too close to the edge.

Still not sold on the new UI for the dash, I miss the big analog speedometer and energy display. However the new dash display does give you great situational awareness and I can understand why Tesla wanted to put it front and center.

More testing tonight on the 401.

I got the notification last night at 2:30 Pacific time, so installed it then, and it was ready when I woke up in the morning. Drove it on local streets, then on the highway.

It's quite amazing. It does a very good job, but not perfect yet. Once on the highway there was an exit to the left, adjacent to the left lane I was in, and it was going for it, so I had to correct. There is discussion about the 'nag' feature. In my case it wanted my hands on the wheel occasionally for no apparent reason. Good markings, no traffic at times. Soon as I touched the wheel and gave a tiny bit of resistance to its steering, the notice disappeared. I thought it was checking if I was still there, paying attention. Others have said they have gone 15 minutes with no notice. I think that seems a bit too long at this early stage.

Passing a big truck, like a semi, the car kept closer to it than I would have, but still safe. The sensors obviously notice everything within 15 feet or so, and show you on the dash that they do, which gives all the confidence I need on that score.

The software is very competent. In case you haven't seen it, this link shows you the sophistication of the capabilities. The Future of Computer Vision and Automated Driving by Prof. Amnon Shashua - YouTube The Tesla has EyeQ3. Elon says the Model X has exactly the same hardware as the Model S, so we have the latest.

I am truly impressed. Even so, be careful! Tesla has guts to deliver this to 60,000 drivers, some of whom may not be as careful as they need to be. But anyway, we've always known Tesla has guts, otherwise they wouldn't still be selling cars.

Used it on 404 between davis Drive and Aurora Road. Then on Aurora Road and then on Hwy 48 south to Stouffville road.
Works great but there is perceptible twitching as it always tries to stay in the middle of the lane. Traversing non lane marked intersections at speed is no problem but at low speed you get the warning to put hands on wheel.

It rocks, it drove me to p/u Chinese, up Yonge St, across Mulloch, down Bayview, stopped at all lights, kept going (there dosnt seem to be a time out on TACC now), I only had to make major corners. It did not, and rightly so, activate driving directly into the setting sun going west. New car, again!

Got mine as well

I got mine as well, and tried it both on the 417 by nice weather, as well as on a main road with rain. Overall really impressed from the tests so far. Did anyone try the parallel parking yet?
Works pretty well drove for 15 mins hands and foot free.
Couldnt get self parking to work. I also can't figure out how access the new apps

It rocks, it drove me to p/u Chinese, up Yonge St, across Mulloch, down Bayview, stopped at all lights, kept going (there dosnt seem to be a time out on TACC now), I only had to make major corners. It did not, and rightly so, activate driving directly into the setting sun going west. New car, again!

Are you saying that your tesla stopped at a red light by itself! How did you do that. Unless I have a car in front of me, my tesla doesn't adjust to speed limits as well as stop at red lights or stop signs.
if your tesla does it, I want to know how you did it.