Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

" Europe and Asia are pending regulatory approval "

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe because of some nanny-states in Europe wanting Tesla to implement a nanny-mode Autopilot:mad:...
I hope it will not end with a funless, Europe-only, under-competitive version of the AP.

If I have to hold the steering wheel, more than half of the appeal is gone.

Aww man! I had my hopes up!
It's like being 8 y.o. and on the evening before christmas getting told "Sorry, the calendar was wrong! Welp, hopefully you can open some presents next week!"

o71cCv6.png

You freedom folks better post lots of photos, videos and writeups as you recieve the update!

Aww man! I had my hopes up!
It's like being 8 y.o. and on the evening before christmas getting told "Sorry, the calendar was wrong! Welp, hopefully you can open some presents next week!"

You freedom folks better post lots of photos, videos and writeups as you recieve the update!

yep! What he said! Haven't we waited enough already!?! Another let down given Elon only said last week that it was rolling out Worldwide today. Fingers crossed we don't have to wait too long.

But Elon specifically said that it would be released this Thursday WORLDWIDE (not only North America). Pretty disappointing that that isn't the case... :(

Also, needing "Regulatory approval" sounds like nonsense. I really doubt an "approval" is necessary for this stage of autonomous driving. And if it was, why wouldn't they get the approval before releasing?

Last edited:
This makes no sense. What kind of regulatory approval would that be?
I doubt an new certificate of conformity is needed, then they would need that for each update.
And if there were law changes required it would take years, not weeks.
Exactly! I think EM is trying to calm us down until they finish rolling out the update to North America so that their systems are not overloaded. In around 5 days, the rollout of V7.0 to the US and Canada will end eventually, and Tesla will hopefully start to roll it out in Europe and Asia, fingers crossed!

Exactly! I think EM is trying to calm us down until they finish rolling out the update to North America so that their systems are not overloaded. In around 5 days, the rollout of V7.0 to the US and Canada will end eventually, and Tesla will hopefully start to roll it out in Europe and Asia, fingers crossed!

Or it could be that EU regulations require certification of driver assistance systems (which they do as far as I am aware), but that may be based on testing done by the manufacturer.

But Elon specifically said that it would be released this Thursday WORLDWIDE (not only North America). Pretty disappointing that that isn't the case... :(

Also, needing "Regulatory approval" sounds like nonsense. I really doubt an "approval" is necessary for this stage of autonomous driving. And if it was, why wouldn't they get the approval before releasing?

Any word from Australia concerning the update?

Also, needing "Regulatory approval" sounds like nonsense. I really doubt an "approval" is necessary for this stage of autonomous driving.

Why wouldn't it need approval? Approval can just mean testing it, sending paperwork and having somebody stamp it.

And if it was, why wouldn't they get the approval before releasing?

Because it wasn't finalized until very recently?
Also, Europe isn't a country. There's the EU, but other non-EU countries, so they may want to get approval for all countries in the region.

At least the Swedish guy (Segelflygaren) confirmed that he is not a beta tester:

icon_topic_latest.gifav Teslaägare Herr X » 15 okt 2015 21:12
Aha, du är betatestare.. givetvis..!

icon_topic_latest.gifav Teslaägare Segelflygaren » 15 okt 2015 21:25
Nej, är inte betatestare (vad jag vet i alla fall).