Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor 2015 Gray Tesla Model S P90D - Ultimate New Car Prep

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This MS P90D was brought in to receive our Ultimate New Car Prep which includes:
- Paint correction
- Full front wrapped in PPF aka Clear Bra
- Full 3M Crystalline all around
- Gtechniq Crystal Serum on the paintwork
- Gtechniq coating on wheels and calipers

Initial Inspection

IMG_1811.png
IMG_1841.png
IMG_1820.png
IMG_1825.png
IMG_1827.png
IMG_1843.png

Just me at work

IMG_1822.png
IMG_1836.png

Calipers and Wheels Coated

IMG_1845.png
IMG_1846.png

The Results

IMG_1852.png
IMG_1878.png
IMG_1879.png
IMG_1924.png
IMG_1916.png
IMG_1918.png
IMG_1940.png
IMG_1943.png
IMG_1911.png
IMG_1932.png

Video
For a better viewing experience please click on the HD letters on the bottom right corner of the video

[video=vimeo;142258024]https://vimeo.com/142258024[/video]

Amazing work, the color looks so much deeper now.
I don't care if a car is new or 200,000 miles old... when it looks clean, it show's someone cares for it.

...Shouldn't Tesla be ashamed to deliver cars with this quality of paint work...?
Or are we going to making as many as possible now?

Or am I just noticing how bad the paint is now on all cars vs. my idea of ocd perfection of everything?

How's the off the line stuff vs. other manufactures?

I would love to see the same closeup pictures after the work is done.

If you would like to go thru my other threads to satisfy your curiosity. You'll find 50/50 as well as many before and after shots.

- - - Updated - - -

Amazing work, the color looks so much deeper now.
I don't care if a car is new or 200,000 miles old... when it looks clean, it show's someone cares for it.

...Shouldn't Tesla be ashamed to deliver cars with this quality of paint work...?
Or are we going to making as many as possible now?

Or am I just noticing how bad the paint is now on all cars vs. my idea of ocd perfection of everything?

How's the off the line stuff vs. other manufactures?

The issue with imperfections in the finish isn't just on Teslas. Jaguars, Rollce Royce, Bentley, Bugatti and Ferraris (just to mention a few) deliver cars in worst conditions than Teslas. The issue is that most people out there are not aware of how a new car should look. To them that's the norm and they settle for it until they have their new car properly corrected.

- - - Updated - - -

Pete did an awesome job. He is a perfectionist and takes great pride in his work. The finish is flawless. The car is very easy to clean. I give him my highest recommendation!

Thank you for the kind words Kevin. It was a pleasure working on your car.

- - - Updated - - -

The issue with imperfections in the finish isn't just on Teslas. Jaguars, Rollce Royce, Bentley, Bugatti and Ferraris (just to mention a few) deliver cars in worst conditions than Teslas. The issue is that most people out there are not aware of how a new car should look. To them that's the norm and they settle for it until they have their new car properly corrected.

- - - Updated - - -

The new paints that contain a low amount of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and are water based seem to be more difficult to work with and create a softer result, at least that is what I have read. Factories in locations like California have to use even a special formulation of that, so have much more trouble with paint. It is encouraging, though, that it can be improved so dramatically. I wonder what it costs for this beautiful treatment.

Are you familiar with Nanohide? I know several Tesla owners in the Miami area have had this put on their car. Do you install this also?

I do not use Nanohide do to the lack of testing on such product by reputable labs and also because the company is fairly new. Maybe in a couple of years if it happens to be a reputable brand that will perform up to its claims.