Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tannersville, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In this article about the South Whitehall supercharger, a Tesla spokesperson mentions that they expect to break ground on superchargers in Binghamton and Tannersville. I noticed that Tannersville has a Simon Premium Outlet mall, The Crossings Premium Outlets. Since there are several Tesla superchargers at Simon Premium Outlets, I sent an e-mail through the Simon contact us page and got this response:

Thank you for your email and interest in The Crossings Premium Outlets.

Yes, we should have Tesla charging stations soon, we're shooting for November! Everything is in the works now!
Have a great day!

In this article about the South Whitehall supercharger, a Tesla spokesperson mentions that they expect to break ground on superchargers in Binghamton and Tannersville. I noticed that Tannersville has a Simon Premium Outlet mall, The Crossings Premium Outlets. Since there are several Tesla superchargers at Simon Premium Outlets, I sent an e-mail through the Simon contact us page and got this response:

Thanks for the info.

The location seems to be:

The Crossings Premium Outlets
1000 Premium Outlets Dr
Tannersville, PA 18372

Google Map of Location

Finally, some more in PA... now when will there be one near Harrisburg?! Even FL has a billion more than PA.
Actually Florida is second only to California in the number of Superchargers in the state. According to supercharge.info there are 33 states with more superchargers than PA. It makes it really hard to drive THROUGH Pennsylvania.

Obviously there are many many factors that go into SC siting decisions, but I would have thought that given SC locations in Binghamton and Allentown, a locations around Scranton or Wilkes-Barre would have made more sense. I suppose if this the the first of a string along the I80 then it will have context, and you can still get to Binghamton easily enough.
Anywho, I'll just keep lurking and hoping to see more progress NorthEast...

I know they are working on Harrisburg and Erie. Before purchasing my Model S I asked the supercharger team about future Pennsylvania plans. I received the below response, "Although we do not disclose the exact locations of our sites before they are ready for use, we are actively working in the Allentown, Harrisburg, Tannersville and Erie areas. There are a number of scenarios that can affect the timeline for a new site, and we are unable to make guarantees about opening dates, but we are working hard to open as many sites as quickly as we can". Seems that Allentown and Harrisburg are coming any day, now just have to wait for the next two.

I received word from the super charger team that they are working on getting one in Harrisburg. "Although we do not disclose the exact locations of our sites before they are ready for use, we are actively working in the Allentown, Harrisburg, Tannersville and Erie areas. There are a number of scenarios that can affect the timeline for a new site, and we are unable to make guarantees about opening dates, but we are working hard to open as many sites as quickly as we can"

I drive to HBG every day... while I don't oppose one in the area, and hey the more the better, in the 9 months I've had my car... I would have liked to have used it once.

I went from my house to KOP, and back, then wanted to go to Shippensburg, same day. My S couldn't do it. So I used my Tahoe.

Other than that 1 time... I've not needed one. The Hershey Auto club has a HPWC.

But yea, I'd love to see one in HBG. My daily commute is all of 6 kWh, so no way I'd use it often, but if I needed a quick zap I might :)

This thread is for the Tannersville Supercharger and information regarding its construction.
Maybe we need a Pennsylvania Superchargers thread for general PA supercharger discussion?
Has anyone seen any more activity relative to Tannersville?

Sorry folks. I cruised the parking lot this afternoon and there is no construction, no crates, no signs that anything has been roped off to prepare for construction.

Anyone want to bet whether this will be the last supercharger to open in 2015?
Thanks for checking. I'm thinking the Binghamton crew may be coming either here or Whitehall when they are done. They are really moving along, I think they'll be done in a week at most. This is pure supposition on my part, no info to back it up.