Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge point 16A and 32A, Zevenbergen, The Netherlands

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If your charging station is going to be Mode 3, why not choose the IEC 62196 connector (Type 2)?

I guess it won't be long now until Roadster owners can charge from a Mode 3 station without the UMC.

Btw, the reason why I choose the Blue CEE 32A connector is that it's a 1-phase connector. I saw no point in placing a Red 3-phase connector while the cable is single-phase.

The 16A charger will be with the Mennekes connector. I believe that´s the IEC 62196 connector?

I just got a message from Tesla Benelux that some Roadster drivers use the red connector. I guess this would mean I could have the installer draw 3-phase cable to the charge point. I guess the UMC just uses one of the phases, but this way I would be ready when 3-phase charging will be possible.

From what I understand, if you buy the 32A UMC pigtail in the UK you get the blue connector, whereas if you get the same 32A in mainland Europe you get the red connector. Can you confirm that?
Yes, we got the Red one on the UMC, but I replace it with a Blue one.

We carry a Red > Blue converter with us, so the other way around then Eberhard.

But to give Adm a answer, I would go for the IEC 62196-2-2 (Type 2) connector for both the 16A and 32A point. The Nissan Leaf will get 32A too, so Leaf owner will be able to charge there to.

Because, most of the public 32A socket are Mennekes-type = ICE 62196?, i want to have an adapter for the Mennekes for my UMC as quick as possible. Otherwise most of the public charging stations in Germany are off limit for me.

Because, most of the public 32A socket are Mennekes-type = ICE 62196?, i want to have an adapter for the Mennekes for my UMC as quick as possible. Otherwise most of the public charging stations in Germany are off limit for me.
Mennekes is just the manufacturer, they make all kinds of connectors, my Blue connector at the office is from Mennekes: http://blog.widodh.nl/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/20110125_013-1024x769.jpg

The official name of the "Mennekes" connector is: IEC 62196-2-2 (Type 2), as found on Wikipedia

So my advise to Adm, stick to the standard in NL:

VDE-AR-E_2623-2-2-plug.jpg

I will have to wait for the type 2 mode 3 220V/16A charge point until the end of summer, but I do have a red 380V/32A CEE socket placed.

So if you happen to be near Zevenbergen and you need some extra juice just drop by during opening hours of my shop or let me know if it's outside opening hours and we'll see if I can arrange something. (The charge point is behind a closed gate after opening hours.

Antiques Centre Zevenbergen
Schansdijk 26
4761 RH - Zevenbergen
info at acz dot nl
Opening hours: monday, tuesday and friday 09:00 - 17:00
Saturday 10:00 - 17:00, Sunday 11:00 - 17:00

I'll be closed for vacation from July 11th until July 22nd.