Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hilton Hotels commitring to expanding Tesla and all EV charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

efusco

Moderator - Model S & X forums
An initial 50 hotels across the US with plans to rapidly expand to 100 hotels with what sound like Tesla HPWC chargers as well as some other sort of charger (for other EVs, so presumably J1772 and/or CHAdeMO, maybe SAE?). Nice commitment that hopefully forces other hotel chains to follow suit. This could be the massive expansion of EV destination charging where it's really needed that we really have been hoping for.

Hilton Sparks Major Expansion of Charging Stations for Electric Vehicles | Business Wire

I already emailed a thank you to the person at the bottom of the story!

An initial 50 hotels across the US with plans to rapidly expand to 100 hotels with what sound like Tesla HPWC chargers as well as some other sort of charger (for other EVs, so presumably J1772 and/or CHAdeMO, maybe SAE?). Nice commitment that hopefully forces other hotel chains to follow suit. This could be the massive expansion of EV destination charging where it's really needed that we really have been hoping for.

Hilton Sparks Major Expansion of Charging Stations for Electric Vehicles | Business Wire

I already emailed a thank you to the person at the bottom of the story!

Good news, I also send a thanks to the Hilton contact. Always worth encouraging.

I dunno, 50 hotels? Thats it? They own like 4000 hotels, 50 is hardly a major expansion or showing a real commitment, thats like barely dipping their toe in the water.

It's a start and a move in the right direction. If they are encouraged by positive comments and usage, they will be motivated to expand. I always make a point of letting places that have EV chargers know that they are the reason I'm patronizing them, and thank them for the service.

I dunno, 50 hotels? Thats it? They own like 4000 hotels, 50 is hardly a major expansion or showing a real commitment, thats like barely dipping their toe in the water.
Hilton owns few if any hotels. They're independently owned and license the Hilton brand. If you noticed in the press release, it said "Hilton hotel owners can receive free charging equipment" and "Hilton is working with property owners to install the charging stations..."

Hilton and other brands set standards for the hotels that license their name. One day maybe those standards will include EV charging.

It's a start and a move in the right direction. If they are encouraged by positive comments and usage, they will be motivated to expand. I always make a point of letting places that have EV chargers know that they are the reason I'm patronizing them, and thank them for the service.
i do that too. Recently I have chosen several hotels I would not otherwise consider because of that. Specifically, the Hilton Columbus at Easton, Ohio told me they did not yet have EV charging but did say the adjacent Easton a Town Center has six Teslachargers and they could arrange for me to park there. I then reserved.

I stayed at several hiltons on my trip down to Florida from DC earlier this year, all either had a charger or had a plug and we're happy to accommodate. The supercharger at Tridelphia WV is also on a Hilton property and I believe there are others.

Yeah, I'd rather see 1000 hotels getting them, but I guess it's a start. I almost always stay at Hilton properties, and always make a point of asking if they have somewhere I can charge my car, even though I know the answer is no. Hotels seem surprisingly slow to get on board with this.

Edit: I should note, they don't just say 'no', they do their best to accommodate me. Typically it is a 15a 120v outlet though, which doesn't do much for a single night stay.

I sent a copy of the press release to their competition to see if we can get others to be more proactive.

Larry

- - - Updated - - -

Wish Marriot would so the same. That would then cover their Edition, Ritz Carlton, and Autograph Collection hotels as well...

I recently organized a club Weekend Getaway at the Epicurean Hotel in Tampa. They are an Autograph Collection hotel that are members of Tesla's Destination Charging Program. I spoke to the General Manager and he told me that he was going to recommend to corporate that all Autograph Collection hotels join the program.

Larry