Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BlackVue in car (front & rear) cam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BlackVue in car (front & rear) cam

I installed it last month. However, seems the windshield block the GPS. Did other users of car cam with GPS experience this ?

I'm using Thinkware F750, and yes the windscreen does block GPS signal. It takes about 2 hours in an open area for my dash cam to acquire GPS location.

The BlackVue is a lot smaller, I believe if you mount it as close as possible to the top edge of the windscreen then it'll get a better signal.

I'm using Thinkware F750, and yes the windscreen does block GPS signal. It takes about 2 hours in an open area for my dash cam to acquire GPS location.

The BlackVue is a lot smaller, I believe if you mount it as close as possible to the top edge of the windscreen then it'll get a better signal.

Do you need to open the pano roof to acquire GPS signal? I have had the f750 and so far so good.. it is a bit bigger

I installed it last month. However, seems the windshield block the GPS. Did other users of car cam with GPS experience this ?
I'm planning to buy one. But still haven't got a reliable one to "hardwire" it. Any suggestion ?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm planning to buy one. But still haven't got a reliable one to "hardwire" it. Any suggestion ?
can anyone suggest a reliable technician who can hardwire the dash cam to provide 24-hour power supply ?

Do you need to open the pano roof to acquire GPS signal? I have had the f750 and so far so good.. it is a bit bigger

If I park the car in an open area for 2 hours, it usually finds the signal on its own without opening pano roof. If I'm in a hurry, I can take the front cam off the windscreen, hold it up through the pano roof for a few seconds for it to find the signal, then put it back on the windscreen.