Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Applying referral codes after reservation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I reserved my model S at the weekend in store, I told the guy I had a referral code and he said it was fine, it could be applied afterwards.

I've looked on mytesla and can see all my order details, but not a place to enter a referral code. I've email the code over the sales guy but not heard anything back.

Anyone else had this?

Also so how does it work with the contract hire companies? All the ones I speak to don't quite now how to process it?

Yes I had the same issue- judging by you location- i assume u booked at Birmingham store. I had several emails and finally it was done but I refused to confirm the order and threatened I will cancel and re-order online with the code, within 48hrs sorted and myself and also the referrer were credited. Make sure you get confirmation emails before confirming.

Yes I had the same issue- judging by you location- i assume u booked at Birmingham store. I had several emails and finally it was done but I refused to confirm the order and threatened I will cancel and re-order online with the code, within 48hrs sorted and myself and also the referrer were credited. Make sure you get confirmation emails before confirming.

ive had the same emails back and forth, but still no confirmation, I've just sent a final email to say I need it confirmed by lunchtime today or else I'll have to cancel and re-order. (My deadline date is tomorrow!)

ive had the same emails back and forth, but still no confirmation, I've just sent a final email to say I need it confirmed by lunchtime today or else I'll have to cancel and re-order. (My deadline date is tomorrow!)

Exactly what i did and sent the email saying I'm going to cancel order and reorder. Apparently its a lot of hassle for them if the order is cancelled and reordered so immediately got a call from the dealer and sorted by end of the day.
Good luck

The idea of the referral code was to use the link to order rather than going into the stores. Sort of defeats the plan of Tesla saving the approx. £2k cost of each sale through the stores being given as a benefit to the referrer and the purchaser.

Interesting that they are giving the credit retrospectively.

Well the discount code didn't get applied... So I cancelled.

Unfortunately for them, on the same day an investment opportunity came up in my business which I had to go for and that as my tesla budget! so at the moment I've Not re-orderd!

bit gutted at the moment, but know it's the right thing and hopefully it'll only be a few months before I recoupe and get it back on order again... Might even be able to get the P85D then ;)