Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S outsold all other EV/PHEV models in the US for 12mo ending Sept 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to my calculations (using US-only data from insideevs.com), Tesla has now sold more Model S than any other plug-in has sold over the last 12 months.

This data also shows that Sept also marked the first time Tesla accounted for >20% of all plug-in sales in the US over a 12mo period (19.89% as of Aug).

1917Model S
1834Nissan Leaf
1127Chevy Volt
907BMW i3
761Ford Fusion Energi
635Ford C-Max Energi
485Fiat 500e
455Toyota Prius PHV
Other
9569Total
Granted, as much as this is a reflection of the job done by Tesla, it is just as much due to the sharp declines of the Volt and Leaf, which are both being refreshed for 2016, but I still think it's an impressive feat. The Model S is now selling at nearly the same rate the Volt was at it's peak in 2013.

Note that in this chart, the axis on the left applies to Total sales (including some models not plotted on this chart), whereas all other values are on the right axis.

Plug-in Sales - 12mo Avg - Sept 2015.png

According to my calculations (using US-only data from insideevs.com), Tesla has now sold more Model S than any other plug-in has sold over the last 12 months.
Not sure I understand the statement and your graph.
You say that the Model S has outsold any model, such as the Nissan LEAF in total over the last 12 months, yet your graph shows the LEAF outselling the Model S for most of that time period except that last couple of months. So from looking at the graph it doesn't seem to show the Model S outselling the LEAF all year.

Not sure I understand the statement and your graph.

Sorry, I didn't do a good job of explaining/labeling the chart. Each data point represents the average sales over the trailing 12 months. So for example, in Dec 2014, when the Leaf peaked at 2517, that was the average sales per month for a 12mo period from Jan 2014 to Dec 2014.

To better illustrate, here's a chart of Model S sales both monthly and averaged over a 12mo period.

Model S US Sales Sept 2015.png

One model, but many variations.
some buyers who took delivery in August and Sept traded in their new buy for a D model once October hit last year.
MS 60, 85, P85, P85+, 85D, P85D, 70D, 90, 70, 90D, P90D
no other plug on model has any variation. Volt changes over soon to Gen2.