Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Email: All Rez holders to configure in 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
mx_customer_launch_hero_0.jpg

Model X deliveries have started in North America. Built electric from the ground up, Model X is designed to be the safest car in its class. It offers a breathtaking panoramic view and distinctive Falcon wing doors for convenient second and third row access. Model X provides 250 miles of range, while achieving 0-60 in 3.4 seconds for superior passing ability.

We will invite the next group of reservation holders to configure in the next few weeks. We hope to invite all current reservation holders to configure their cars before the end of 2015.

t=1&mid=OTI5LUtJRy0xOTc6ODMyOjE2ODg6MzMyOTowOjE2ODc6NzoyMzQwNTMyOmRhdmVwd2llYmVAbWFjLmNvbQ%3D%3D.gif

Last edited:
Hard to believe that all reservation holders will be able to configure by the end of the year.

Why not? That doesn't mean the cars will be built or even scheduled for production in 2015; all they have to do is open the web portal in stages to the various reservation holders. They could probably do it by the end of the month, if they wanted to.

Why not? That doesn't mean the cars will be built or even scheduled for production in 2015; all they have to do is open the web portal in stages to the various reservation holders. They could probably do it by the end of the month, if they wanted to.
I understand that, just thought that the configuration would go in order of reservation number and that if you were down on the list you would not be allowed until they could build the car in a timely fashion. I think it is great that we will have all the info well before we will have to finalize.

"We hope to invite all current reservation holders to configure"... is far different than all current reservation holders will be able to configure.

Since the lower price point X configurations won't be available for a year, it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I don't see how this can be done with the current pricing of $130K and up. There are certainly other reservation holders like myself that cannot afford that model and are waiting for a base model under $100K. Hopefully this means they will offer that pricing and ability to configure for the lower end models as well. If that is the case I fully understand and see that those of us with lower end configurations will get pushed to the end of the line. Tesla is a public company and they are going to deliver the most profitable cars they can the earliest. In the meantime I am going to keep playing weekly fantasy football leagues on Draft Kings trying to win big and upgrade my reservation ;)

I wonder if Tesla meant to say all signature reservation holders will be asked to configure? I guess not since they already have been asked?

Asking all reservation holders to configure strikes me as very odd. Say there are 25,000 reservation holders. Assuming only sigs will be delivered in 2015. At best, Tesla has been able to make about 10,000 Model S per quarter. So that could be about 7.5 months away from getting your Model X once you are asked to configure...

I don't see how this can be done with the current pricing of $130K and up. There are certainly other reservation holders like myself that cannot afford that model and are waiting for a base model under $100K. Hopefully this means they will offer that pricing and ability to configure for the lower end models as well. If that is the case I fully understand and see that those of us with lower end configurations will get pushed to the end of the line. Tesla is a public company and they are going to deliver the most profitable cars they can the earliest. In the meantime I am going to keep playing weekly fantasy football leagues on Draft Kings trying to win big and upgrade my reservation ;)

My thought is that they may only have the 90 kw version, but you will be able to select from all the other options (ludicrous speed, premium sound, etc) which can lower the cost significantly.

$130K is what a fully loaded Signature model costs. You will be able to configure a 90D for well less than that. The media have gotten a lot of misinformation out about the Model X price. Rough idea is to configure a Model S the way you would want your X and then add $5K.

The design studio will change to reveal the non-signature options (standard production). I'm expecting 90D to be the base model at $93,000 + options. I'm OK with that. The only thing I'm really still debating is interior and exterior colors. I love the way the blue one looked at the reveal event, but the black also looked sweet, particularly with the black rims (Elon's Model X). I have a feeling the black rims won't be available though. I'm sure Elon is allowed to choose "off the menu."

:)

I received the email as well, and it seems clear they hope to invite all production reservation holders to be able to configure. That said, I don't think it'll be a thing where we finalize. They'll need to hurry up and get some MXs in showrooms and out and about for test drives if they want production reservation holders to commit.

That is NOT the current pricing for reservation holders. It's the price for the SIGNATURE series which is a limited number of cars produced early, fully loaded, before the regular production starts. They took a $40,000 deposit. The price for the regular production cars hasn't been announced yet but Elon said the base price would be about $5000 more than a similar Model S. So look at the price of a 90D (not P90D) and you can estimate what yours will cost.

This is is a common misunderstanding in the media and even among analysts who should know better.

It is very easy to powder coat the wheels to the exact shade, sheen and gloss that you'd like.

1Uv1id7enm6uU-kjgvjcaP43L7Vh7y3bUhw-F6KJUEtkcZqa_evkwrUonkQ3wQA2irdzKsfNoN_l5eDFDyPF2LCFvsaiolNnwHJYbs3u1i4wKInhNqhh9TjC8XPXgTHV7j_m5zrjmN5KkhYt3Kou9Z8CX5uDE1uKPjiovbCczaoHlR3bTetARIYpsEu23tzfXQDmpS-DV-mdrxgV4TI9f5O_e04UHO9XbxP0512WKtbOtiJ5-tg7Id51hIBd_9FgwBy0RT2N_NZZY3vmuz3mgHv_96ZrbajbrgFZDPQvsmE_qvnyNgTJsnul8yoQyM6o7JQ4lDCvkeYrPO69Igc1VRJdlmx-QPnnXMsURrugioBXzta_pZtOEm_SvA80np1EgAlubsReeC76cxGNwuSA7TyUCL65KY_khkAtENEVqirVH7Amzn0WvLDit7J0OjLdGXnWTHmda7v-8wuV7Z0suR4EppD8rNlgo-asggD-y-o2QgPmo18ciSTGneq2BhSJYbtBfgSf5WcqrtRHfaeFuENidDozy3mCVpWLabKubQ0=w535-h713-no

The design studio will change to reveal the non-signature options (standard production). I'm expecting 90D to be the base model at $93,000 + options. I'm OK with that. The only thing I'm really still debating is interior and exterior colors. I love the way the blue one looked at the reveal event, but the black also looked sweet, particularly with the black rims (Elon's Model X). I have a feeling the black rims won't be available though. I'm sure Elon is allowed to choose "off the menu."

:)

Model X is Here email - October 7, 2015

I didn't see any thread on this already so I thought I'd post it. If it's a duplicate, please merge with existing thread.

BTW, looks like they expect all reservation holders to be able to configure by the end of the 2015.

Screenshot of email:
model_x.png

Text of email:
Model X deliveries have started in North America. Built electric from the ground up, Model X is designed to be the safest car in its class. It offers a breathtaking panoramic view and distinctive Falcon wing doors for convenient second and third row access. Model X provides 250 miles of range, while achieving 0-60 in 3.4 seconds for superior passing ability.

We will invite the next group of reservation holders to configure in the next few weeks. We hope to invite all current reservation holders to configure their cars before the end of 2015.