Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Showroom Portland OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: Warrentt
I work in the central Eastside so this will be much easier for me than going down to Tigard/Durham. I hope they have this up and running by the time the Model 3s are ready to hit Portland! however, I work in architecture and dealing with the city's Land Use and Permitting and it would not surprise me if Elon Musk could build out the Fremont factory with new tooling for the Model 3, have the Gigafactory producing Model 3 quantities of battery packs and still be waiting for the city of Portland, "the city that works", to approve this.

I'm hoping they either keep the Tigard station open. It's much easier to get to Tigard than it is to where this new one is from Eugene. I know it doesn't seem like it should be but it is.
With Tesla expanding everywhere, I would expect it's safe to assume this is a second Portland location, not replacing the Tigard store/service locations.

edit: autocorrect corrections

Last edited:
Reactions: Lyon
Are they closing the original service center? With the 3 on the way, I wonder if they should keep it open.

That's unknown at the moment. I agree that they're going to need more than one service center in the area. Probably more than one in Oregon. That said, the two would be really close together and wouldn't be much of a benefit for people who live on the other side of town or farther south.

I'd love it if they put one in Eugene. ;)

I've asked about this when I've been in for service and been told that they expect both the service center and the mall store to closed when the new location opens. But the folks I've talked to said that they don't really know for sure and may not until the new place is open.

I hope they keep the old service center open too...

Nice. This new location is centrally located in Portland and will be closer for me. Ideally , I would prefer if they have a service center in clackamas area .

I can't wait until it is finish so I can leave work early and schedule a test drive next year since I work in 'NW

Yesterday an additional Land Use application as submitted for additional signage square footage. It is the same type 2 process they went them for the main LU application that was applied for in Feb and approved in June, which is about as fast as portlands BDS moves on anything. Expect the same for this, late fall. Also the city has stopped allowing building permits to be submitted when there are undecided LU cases. It's too bad 1) the signage increase they are asking for here was not included in the original. Or 2) they didn't get the building permit in before the signage LU application.

Yesterday an additional Land Use application as submitted for additional signage square footage. It is the same type 2 process they went them for the main LU application that was applied for in Feb and approved in June, which is about as fast as portlands BDS moves on anything. Expect the same for this, late fall. Also the city has stopped allowing building permits to be submitted when there are undecided LU cases. It's too bad 1) the signage increase they are asking for here was not included in the original. Or 2) they didn't get the building permit in before the signage LU application.

Interesting. Is there information about the new application online?