Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

On my way to Model S delivery!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few weeks back I decided to take the plunge and order the Model S. At the 11th hour, right before I clicked "order" on the website, my wife suggested I call our sales rep one more time and check on any available inventory models that might match up to our selection. Luck would have it there was a car listed as "inventory," brand new and still on truck getting shipped to the East coast. The specs were almost exactly what we had selected - only difference being white alcantara headliner, where I had chosen black. Plus it came with a nice inventory discount.

I took a quick trip out to the Devon showroom to see the interior color combination in person (tan next gen seats, matte obeche trim, white alcantara headliner) and ended up loving the look, so I placed the order.

Two short weeks later, I'm on way to pick it up! Very excited. This website has been a tremendous resource. Thanks to everyone for contributing! And special thanks to Blanche for the VA referral code (http://ts.la/shourya8562)!

Specs:
90D
Deep blue metallic
Pano sunroof
Standard 19" rims
Tan next gen seats
Matte obeche trim
White alcantara
Autopilot
Premium interior/lighting
Ultra high fidelity sound
Subzero weather package

:biggrin:

So lucky for you! When I was ordering mine, there was one very similar, but had piano black instead of matte obeche. It would have had a very small discount of $1200 so I decided to go ahead and order what i really wanted. I also really like the look of the white alcantara with the tan next-gen, but most of the headliners that I'm seeing ordered are black. Our cars will be very special indeed!

Here's the requisite delivery pic! (I hope this works. First time uploading pics to this forum)

tesla delivery1.JPG

Attachments

• tesla delivery.JPG
    tesla delivery.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0074.jpg
    IMG_0074.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 121
Good for you, vapor trail! I can't imagine how people can stand the 2-3 month delivery process (I had same experience as you, except the wait was only 3 days, and I was going nuts with that). Or, 2-3 year process for the early S's and now X's. Kudos to you all out there!!

Great colour. I know you'll be very happy.

Thanks everyone!

Question: do you guys see 3 pics with my post or just one? I only intended on putting up one pic, but I see 3 versions of the same picture when I view the thread. I can't tell if it's because I placed it or if I did something wrong resulting in a triplet display of the same picture.

Thanks everyone!

Question: do you guys see 3 pics with my post or just one? I only intended on putting up one pic, but I see 3 versions of the same picture when I view the thread. I can't tell if it's because I placed it or if I did something wrong resulting in a triplet display of the same picture.
Three. Occasionally same has happened to me.