Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DFW Car meets

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,

We just got a red P90D with Ludicrous mode . Love it!

makes my '09 580hp vette look like a scooter dragging an anchor.

Curious if there are any weekly or monthly meets in the Plano/Frisco/Prosper area.
I know about Cars and Coffee but anything else up here? I see a couple of teslas daily on DNT.

Kirk

Hi Everyone,

We just got a red P90D with Ludicrous mode . Love it!

makes my '09 580hp vette look like a scooter dragging an anchor.

Curious if there are any weekly or monthly meets in the Plano/Frisco/Prosper area.
I know about Cars and Coffee but anything else up here? I see a couple of teslas daily on DNT.

Kirk

Congratulations and Welcome indeed!
I have at least seen a P90D in brighter Blue, chose not to drive it, as I have been forewarned about the addictive nature of the car.

If you decide to try Cars and Coffee in North Plano on First Saturday of each Month, you must arrive early.
Seriously, you need to be inside the gates before 6:30, gates close @ 7 (unless you have a Ferrari or a McLaren or Lambo).
Event officially opens @ 8.
I shoot to get there @ 5:30 am (in line outside) and save at least one spot for a later arriving Tesla (or two?)

A Red Model S always get the most attention.
Seven MS, one is red, and everyone gravitates to the red one.
Just human nature.

The rest of us are chopped liver.

And a RED P90D will have people drooling left and right.
Be prepared for LOTS of LOOKS and even more questions (most questions are well meaning.)

Second Saturday each Month is C&C in Ft. Worth.
Lower key, really nice folks, you can get there @ 8 or later, and not have to fight for a parking space.
But with that new red set of wheels you have, you will be attracting a huge crowd.

Bollar,

Thank you! I joined the FB group. I'll try to make C&C Ft Worth. If I can get up that early.

Purplewalt,
Thanks for the welcome! Sounds like fun. I'm sure a lot of folks won't know what it is.

Here's a few shots:
12038344_983357438388208_283153512003489117_n.jpg
12039545_983357378388214_8955958331048547088_n.jpg
12042818_983357455054873_3389129897995142907_n.jpg
12049337_983357365054882_5589543026292005747_n.jpg

Great looking car, looks really fine with the spoiler and dark wheels.
Hope to meet up with you on Saturday morning in FW.

Boy, it has been a long time since I have seen a dash with such low miles, maybe never.
Have you set up your Slacker Radio account yet?
Lots of access to virtually anything on the airwaves.

Hopefully you have had the car inspected and tagged by now.
And in Texas, State Law mandates a front license plate must be mounted to the car, not just available for viewing thru the front windshield.
An officer can stop you and issue a citation (if they are having a bad day and feel they need to enforce that portion of the law.)

When we have meet-ups, somewhat less than half the Teslas have front plates. I don't. I've lived in Texas more than 20 years haven't had an issue. But some have been given citations -- especially away from the Metroplex. I shed a small tear each time I see a Tesla with a front plate -- at least purplewalt's car doesn't have the plate drilled into the nose <shudder>

Getting the car registered in Texas sooner is best. You have thirty days, but some here have reported officers are confused by the California temp tag and have incorrectly issued citations.

The only citation I have had in last 15+ years is for "no front plate" on my (former) BMW -- so I guess I have learned that lesson and have the T-shirt.
And DON'T want another.

On Day 5 of ownership, I was pulled over by State Highway Patrol on the Tollway because of the mini-Cali temp tag and given a warning (only).

Slacker is way cool, it finds and plays virtually any song by any artist.
Just announce/speak the songs title and artist, and the durn thing just pops up, then it continues to play that genre of music/artist, all ad-free.
The premium version of Slacker (slight monthly fee) allows you to select songs or an album (if that is what you are interested in listening to) on demand.

Maybe there is a work-around between Spotify and Slacker for your playlist?

The only citation I have had in last 15+ years is for "no front plate" on my (former) BMW -- so I guess I have learned that lesson and have the T-shirt.
And DON'T want another.

On Day 5 of ownership, I was pulled over by State Highway Patrol on the Tollway because of the mini-Cali temp tag and given a warning (only).

I was pulled over twice in the same week by State Patrol citing no front license plate. No citations but just warnings.

Soon enough I had three warnings for no front license plate...in the front glove box:eek:

Week after that when my drive unit was being replaced...I told the service center (Dallas) to mount the front license plate.

Actually it does not look that bad...but it was one of the hard decisions for me...:mad:

I was pulled over twice in the same week by State Patrol citing no front license plate. No citations but just warnings.

Soon enough I had three warnings for no front license plate...in the front glove box:eek:

Week after that when my drive unit was being replaced...I told the service center (Dallas) to mount the front license plate.

Actually it does not look that bad...but it was one of the hard decisions for me...:mad:

Yikes, that makes me a little nervous. I have mine off right now (it was on originally). I haven't been pulled over yet but I guess I'll keep taking my chances until I do.

I've been driving without a front plate for 20 years, and almost 2 years on my MS. Never been pulled over for lack of front plate. Even when I got pulled over for other reasons the front plate was never mentioned.
18 of those 20 years never had a $200 fine attached to it. That was only recently implemented.