Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Founder Series - Facts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Little do I know about the Founder Series yet - however I know that it will be "unlocked" when the refferral leaderboard reaches 10.

I guees it is a little early still since the refferral program runs october out.

BUT

Could any of you please list the facts we KNOW about the founders edition for now?

And might also answer when is it open for purchase, how and how much is a base-level Model X? ;-)

"Those who make ten referrals will get the right to purchase a fully loaded Founder Series Model X, which is not available to the public, for the price of a base-level Model X—roughly a $25,000 saving."

/Søren

Little do I know about the Founder Series yet - however I know that it will be "unlocked" when the refferral leaderboard reaches 10.

I guees it is a little early still since the refferral program runs october out.

BUT

Could any of you please list the facts we KNOW about the founders edition for now?

And might also answer when is it open for purchase, how and how much is a base-level Model X? ;-)

"Those who make ten referrals will get the right to purchase a fully loaded Founder Series Model X, which is not available to the public, for the price of a base-level Model X—roughly a $25,000 saving."

/Søren

so 107k for base p90d

Base is a 90D, not a P90D. Unless Elon means a P90D with no options? Perf is an option...
He never specified what a base model would be, only that it would represent a savings of about $25,000 over the price of a fully loaded Founder model. Given what we know about comparable Model S pricing, the math only makes sense if you calculate it using a base P90D model.

differences between founders and signature, or are they the same?
Similar...

...are the founders editions being made first? would this move someone up the line?
If it is like earlier Tesla models, then yes, they will make many Founders' cars first, then start sig production.
On the plus side for sigs, the Founders' group can provide direct feedback internally to fix any last minute problems before the sigs get their cars.
I think this has been the plan all along... After they start making sigs, there is a chance they will still pop out some more Founders' cars if they see the need.
I am not sure what it takes to get on the Founders' list, but I suspect it involves having a substantial investment in TSLA.

as per the referral program, if you sell 10 cars, you get the founders edition options at no charge....

Similar...

If it is like earlier Tesla models, then yes, they will make many Founders' cars first, then start sig production.
On the plus side for sigs, the Founders' group can provide direct feedback internally to fix any last minute problems before the sigs get their cars.
I think this has been the plan all along... After they start making sigs, there is a chance they will still pop out some more Founders' cars if they see the need.
I am not sure what it takes to get on the Founders' list, but I suspect it involves having a substantial investment in TSLA.

as per the referral program, if you sell 10 cars, you get the founders edition options at no charge....

Maybe someone else knows more, but I would assume:
#1: Founders' model X all are "fully optioned up" with all available options.
#2: Signature model X could be similarly configured if you pay ~$25K for all the options over the base model.

Those who got ten Model S sales referrals may be given the option to buy a Founders' model, for the base Sig price.
I don't know if the Founders' "fully optioned" is any different from all the options a Sig customer could order.
I am not aware of any Founders' exclusive options other than the Founders' logos on the car.

Referral Program | Tesla Motors
...Those who make ten referrals will get the right to purchase a fully loaded Founder Series Model X, which is not available to the public, for the price of a base-level Model X—roughly a $25,000 saving...

Maybe someone else knows more, but I would assume:
#1: Founders' model X all are "fully optioned up" with all available options.
#2: Signature model X could be similarly configured if you pay ~$25K for all the options over the base model.

Those who got ten Model S sales referrals may be given the option to buy a Founders' model, for the base Sig price.
I don't know if the Founders' "fully optioned" is any different from all the options a Sig customer could order.
I am not aware of any Founders' exclusive options other than the Founders' logos on the car.

Referral Program | Tesla Motors

Didn't we see some of the Founders cars with different options, though? In particular, at least one of them had the 20" turbine wheels, rather than the 22s.

I actually have 10 refferals today and I am very excited about this. My production number reservation is among the last ones, so I hope this mean I can cut som curves in the line :D

Need more information! :D

Didn't some of the Model S Founders have custom colours? I wish I could have mine in the old brown :D

Last edited:
I actually have 10 refferals today and I am very excited about this. My production number reservation is among the last ones, so I hope this mean I can cut som curves in the line :D

Need more information! :D

Didn't some of the Model S Founders have custom colours? I wish I could have mine in the old brown :D
Congratulations! Founders should have access to Signature Red but nothing special beyond that.

One of the Founders cars had the six seat configuration - but it had a center console between the two middle row seats. Nothing about that in the Sig configurations. It's just shown as an empty space. So maybe it was special order for a special person, or perhaps a prototype of something that will be available later, like the executive seating in the S.

Congrats Jeu! I also have more than 10 confirmed referrals as of this week. I spoke with Tesla sales and they guessed someone would reach out after Oct 31st. I could not get confirmation if the referrals actually had to take delivery before we get the invite to buy the car (like with the free cars), or if confirmed orders is good enough.

Congrats to you too Marcus. I know one of "my guys" has ordered with late delivery, so I hope we can configure in november.

Elon's personal Founders car had 22" tires. Here is the Manufacturer's sticker. Note VIN #1. Tire size is listed.

Model X Tire spec 22''.jpg