Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheel lip has seperated from wheel - fixable?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wheel fixable?

20151005_113754.jpg

1100 for new wheel!!!

Looks like the result of a serious impact. While the 21"s aren't the most robust in the first place, that's one of the worst bent examples I've seen. It looks like the rim is cracked from the picture. Is the lip pulling away from the wheel, which is why you've said it's separated? It's hard to tell from the image.

It's *maybe* repairable if bent, but given the severity I doubt it. If it's cracked or separated, it's time for a new wheel.

Looks like the result of a serious impact. While the 21"s aren't the most robust in the first place, that's one of the worst bent examples I've seen. It looks like the rim is cracked from the picture. Is the lip pulling away from the wheel, which is why you've said it's separated? It's hard to tell from the image.

It's *maybe* repairable if bent, but given the severity I doubt it. If it's cracked or separated, it's time for a new wheel.

Just adding to the chorus, take it to a wheel repair shop and see if it's repairable. I expect (in my non-expert opinion) that you will likely need a new one. Ouch.

Aside from the above, you must have hit something pretty hard and I wonder about the tire itself, mainly the sidewall. The tire needs to be removed and very carefully inspected by someone who really knows what he is doing. I suspect you are up for a new wheel and tire!!