Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can you drive a Tesla and still be a REAL MAN(tm)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This post is meant to be just for fun...

I just drove my Tesla downtown, used my Boosted Board to get to a building, went into the building to buy BitCoins.

None of these things would have been possible a few years ago... I think that makes me a bit of a nerd. And from what I can tell, there are a few other nerdy Tesla owners out there as well.

Can you still be cool (aka not nerdy) and drive a Model S? If you say "yes", realize that you plug your car in at night. Everyone knows real men pump gas, right?

And if you say yes, do you feel the same way about a Leaf? Because I certainly feel like there is absolutely no way to be cool driving a Leaf, but that's just me.

I have a boosted board too, love it. All I know is the dude in the M6 that is 3 car lengths behind feels much less like a man after his run in with the Tesla. :eek: That is what is so cool about the Tesla though is it's not just an EV it's better in more ways than one.

Can you drive a Tesla and still be a real man? Umm, I hope not. For me, anyway. :) (And do guys really think about stuff like this?)

(Some do. And some women do too. Over on PriusChat I remember there was a user who was a high school football coach who _really_ wanted a Prius but whose wife didn't want him to get a Prius because it wasn't manly enough. He ended up with a Fusion Hybrid)

Maybe it'd have to be a P at least...

Personally, if a decal saying "I am not a real man" made my car more efficient, I'd want one. But, I eat quiche.

I would think that a "real man" (if that's important to you) uses the right tool for the job and does not care what others think.

I know the thread was started in fun, but I've never understood the concern some people have for what car they drive. I have driven a wide variety of vehicles, and it's not because my personality has made wild changes. I've always picked the ones that has suited my needs the best.

It seems that anybody that matters (people that know you) aren't going to change their opinion of you based on what car you drive. People that don't matter (that you pass while driving down the street) may form an opinion if they are shallow, but they don't matter.

This post is meant to be just for fun...

...And if you say yes, do you feel the same way about a Leaf? Because I certainly feel like there is absolutely no way to be cool driving a Leaf, but that's just me.
Well, maybe not all in fun, based on that last sentence.....

Owning both vehicles, I'm proud to drive either knowing that I'm making a difference for the planet and for your children.

Reading the original post it seems like the question is whether you can drive a Tesla and still be cool, and not look like a nerd. Being a "real man" isn't the question. But the thread's title doesn't fit the post. So I'm a little confused.

Anyway, I never considered being thought of as "not cool" or a "nerd" in the Tesla - I've never gotten any response other than "wow, what kind of car is that?? Its awesome!" from anybody.

I've heard the X is targeted to women, which was news to me. If I didn't have a Model S today I would sit in and drive the X before buying. Not sure which I'd get (S vs X). Sure wouldn't worry about what people thought though.

Reading the original post it seems like the question is whether you can drive a Tesla and still be cool, and not look like a nerd. Being a "real man" isn't the question. But the thread's title doesn't fit the post. So I'm a little confused.
I tried to edit the post (I have edit rights) but I can't change the thread title it seems.

It should be "be cool" and not be "a REAL MAN". I had changed my mind while writing the post but forgot to change the title.

Maybe Teslas are for those that ride the line between cool and nerdy, like the car itself? It's a hot car, and quick, but let's face it, the touchscreen and other tech make it totally geektastic.

Anyway, nerdy is the new cool, or so The Internet and all the Important Bloggers tell us.