Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reason #93 for buying a Tesla (or another EV...) :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AudubonB

One can NOT induce accuracy via precision!
Mar 24, 2013
#93: For when you have to sneak out and not let Aurora and Borealis know that you're abandoning them for 2 1/2 hours to go watch the opening of The Martian, nothing beats Stealth like the silence of a rolling EV. Dogs never knew we'd abandoned them..... ;)

I liked the Martian, although some details in the book were better than the movie. The end in the book had more suspense to me than the movie (can't elaborate w/o spoiler). Good movie though. Kate Mara was wasted. If you're going to change the movie vs the book, have Kate Mara stranded on mars and leave Mat Damon on the ship!!

We both loved the film; I discussed it in the SpaceX sub-forum. Although Jenny noticed me laughing, cheering, and wiping my eyes last night, I had been even more emotionally affected by Interstellar.

Hint: Apollo 13 does that to me as well....

I thought Martian to be reasonably well-grounded in reality, whereas Interstellar was certainly quite a bit further into the 2001 side of the reality spectrum. Discussed some of the reality checks in the SpaceX thread.