Here are a couple of notes I took today during the Model S Prototype tour stop here in Portland.
1) The doors will be frameless; no upper molding around the window
2) Final nose of the car will be very similar to the prototype. The imagines of the Alpha are not representative of the final product.
3) battery & powertrain is liquid cooled.
4) Charge port location was not disclosed, but said it would not look like a gasoline cover. He said it was going to be very cool, as if designed by Apple... whatever that means. Mentioned level 3, 2 or 1 charging, but didn't indicate connector type.
5) Center console will not be there... would be able to play footsie with the passenger.
6) Car connected to internet
7) front seats will have a heating option.
8) door handles will be similar to prototype but not identical. they will be 'self deploying' with proximity detector fob.
9) the 17" screen will be cutting edge resolution and contract. Will be very visible in direct sunlight.