Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How Many Miles On The Vehicle Your Model X Will Replace

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mikevbf

Feb 11, 2012
vermont
With the multi year delay many of us have held on to our car much longer than we would normally. I am just curious where I stand with my 10 year old Highlander Hybrid with 165,500 miles on it? I hope I get my Model X or other replacement before my Toyota hits its 200k anniversary.

replacing a 2007 Audi Q7 approaching 120K miles. Good vehicle, but need some "new" features that weren't available in 2006 when built Hope to get the call before the 2 year order anniversary in April and not having to pay taxes again in May.

54,000+ (IF Model X Signature P90D​ is the new favorite and I can part with the classic Model S Signature.)

And maybe it is time to finally let go of the unused fully foldable utility ICE machines:

2009 Escalade (Tan interior throughout with Sig Red like paint) 48,220 mi
2009 Chevrolet HHR (A tan interior / gold paint "cash for clunkers" immaculate vehicle) 11,850 mi

Last edited:
With the multi year delay many of us have held on to our car much longer than we would normally. I am just curious where I stand with my 10 year old Highlander Hybrid with 165,500 miles on it? I hope I get my Model X or other replacement before my Toyota hits its 200k anniversary.
Ha! We also have a 2006 Highlander Hybrid (purchased in 2005) which will be replaced with the Model X, but we only have about 83,000 miles on it. It's our only car but we don't do a lot of driving, living in NYC. I actually may do more driving with the X, but only because it's gonna be so much fun.

We too have a 2006 Highlander Hybrid with nearly the same mileage. Getting a little outdated, but it still runs great and will be handed down to my 16 year olds along with our 2004 Prius.

Ha! We also have a 2006 Highlander Hybrid (purchased in 2005) which will be replaced with the Model X, but we only have about 83,000 miles on it. It's our only car but we don't do a lot of driving, living in NYC. I actually may do more driving with the X, but only because it's gonna be so much fun.

We too have a 2006 Highlander Hybrid with nearly the same mileage. Getting a little outdated, but it still runs great and will be handed down to my 16 year olds along with our 2004 Prius.

Because I needed a 7 seater with some clearance and awd, I thought of replacing my 2006 Highlander Hybrid with a newer Highlander Hybrid, but they made the vehicle bigger in subsequent years and the suspension super soft. I have never loved the Highlander Hybrid from a handling standpoint (or any suv/cuv for that matter), but later Highlander Hybrids were a disaster handling wise imo. If the Model X had not been on horizon, I probably would have been very happily driving around a MS with air suspension and rear facing seats.

Because I needed a 7 seater with some clearance and awd, I thought of replacing my 2006 Highlander Hybrid with a newer Highlander Hybrid, but they made the vehicle bigger in subsequent years and the suspension super soft. I have never loved the Highlander Hybrid from a handling standpoint (or any suv/cuv for that matter), but later Highlander Hybrids were a disaster handling wise imo. If the Model X had not been on horizon, I probably would have been very happily driving around a MS with air suspension and rear facing seats.
Ditto. I liked the removable 2nd row middle seat on the updated Highlander Hybrid, but wasn't crazy about the increased size/width so I never bothered with a test drive. Meanwhile, my first Model S test drive blew me away. The only things I didn't love about the Model S were the lower ride height, the limited space in the 3rd row jump seats and the fact that my kids got super-hot back there, just during the 20 minutes of the test drive. The Tesla rep said that was because he accidentally had it in range mode, but I've since heard many more complaints about lack of air circulation in the third row of the Model S. Very happy to see A/C vents in middle and rear rows of the X. Even with those complaints, if there had been no X shown/announced, I very likely would have gotten the Model S in 2013.

Replacing 2004 Lexus RX330 with 206,000 miles. Then again, might keep it for the dog...
Your dog can drive? Impressive! Or does the Lexus already have autonomous driving? My cat is looking forward to the day he can take the wheel (without pesky human assistance).

11701236_10206047940894172_7258305290795553689_n.jpg

Last edited:
2009 BMW X5. 165,000 miles. Never gone over 100k in my primary vehicle. Delays kept me with the car. Current value just about zippo. Had to spend $1500 on brakes just three weeks ago because I couldn't make it another 2 months. Honestly, more upset about losing my sales tax exemption in Washington because of the delays. That will cost me about $13K. Asked tesla for some kind of relief but got nowhere. Really seems like there should be something there.

Your dog can drive? Impressive! Or does the Lexus already have autonomous driving? My cat is looking forward to the day he can take the wheel (without pesky human assistance).

Too funny! Your cat looks to be more advanced than my dog :cool: To clarify, we may decide to use the Lexus to take the dog to his vets appointments - - pretty low trade-in value at this point. :smile:

Business leased a 2012 ML 350 Bluetec then a 2014 E 350 gas ICE during the wait for the X. The latter has about 20K miles right now.

Have a polar white 2000 ML 320 gas ICE ~120K miles son drives occasionally when home from college.

To make room for the X, will probably sell the very first car I bought new, a now classic 1983 Anthracite Grey Mercedes 380 SL Roadster with Palomino Leather. It has ~128K miles on it, everything original cosmetically except the soft top. Figure I'll be replacing a classic with an instant classic.

Stayed up one night clearing out a single car garage that was being used as storage for our X to live. It's a perfect location, since our power meter and the main A/C panel is right on the other side of the garage wall approximately where the X charge port is located so it will be a very short run.