Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good Solar Home and EV show in Golden, CO yesterday (Sat., Oct. 3, 2015)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The owner of Golden Real Estate, Jim Smith, held a Solar Home day at his business. He owns at least one Tesla (maybe 2?) and reserved his parking lot yesterday for EVs and hybrids. I have never seen one business have such a dedication to solar and sustainable energy. He has a 10kW solar array at his business and is getting another one. He also had an electric bicycle manufacturer in the parking lot demonstrating their electric-assist bicycles, and some Tesla owners were giving test drives in their cars.

It's efforts like Golden Real Estate that certainly help the EV cause. I would hope owners in states where Tesla is prohibited from selling their cars would do the same.

Golden_1.JPG
Golden_2.JPG
Golden_3.JPG
Golden_4.JPG

Doh! I saw the flyers at work for the solar home show but they didn't mention anything about EVs so I didn't research more. Maybe next year...

This weekend has been unusually foggy, so not the best for a solar home and EV show!

The owner of Golden Real Estate, Jim Smith, held a Solar Home day at his business. He owns at least one Tesla (maybe 2?) and reserved his parking lot yesterday for EVs and hybrids. I have never seen one business have such a dedication to solar and sustainable energy. He has a 10kW solar array at his business and is getting another one. He also had an electric bicycle manufacturer in the parking lot demonstrating their electric-assist bicycles, and some Tesla owners were giving test drives in their cars.

It's efforts like Golden Real Estate that certainly help the EV cause. I would hope owners in states where Tesla is prohibited from selling their cars would do the same.

Awesome photos! He is definitely setting a good example.

Golden Real Estate is setting a great example! There are indeed others, some small, others very large. Check out Google's campus in Mountain View CA to see a very large business with lots of solar and many, many places to plug in and charge. I'm guessing hundreds. (although just for Google employees) Tesla itself, in Fremont CA is another location with charging stalls all over the place. We, as owners, notice and certainly support these businesses big and small just as we do the companies that have superchargers on their properties. To see such commitment to solar and charging by Golden Real Estate would make them my realtor of choice if and when I needed a realtor in CO! Awesome!... just awesome!