Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's the highest mileage on a Tesla S at this point?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm starting to think by the time the 3 comes out, with some options, it will be nearing the price of a fairly used S. I'd love to think these cars will hit 200k without a thought, but we really don't know. So I'm asking the community, what kind of data do we have right now?

The person referred to in the link, who was on of our original @TeslaRoadTrip "Broder Debunking" road trip participants past the 150,000 mile mark over a month ago.

Aaron

So, it looks like if I were to get a used tesla at 50k, it will probably make it to 150k pretty easy. I know it's just one case, but it's nice to know we have at least one data point. What has been the most expensive repair on any tesla out of warranty?

So, it looks like if I were to get a used tesla at 50k, it will probably make it to 150k pretty easy. I know it's just one case, but it's nice to know we have at least one data point. What has been the most expensive repair on any tesla out of warranty?

Well... Hopefully!

He does have a VIN is the 1700's I believe and he got his car in December 2012, but during our cross country trip to TMC Connect 2014 (when he was around 100k) he did have to get his battery pack replaced when he got the dreaded loud "clunk" when the high voltage contacts disengaged.

He was really bummed too! He wanted to see how far he could drive on his original battery pack.

I also (almost) had a similar problem at about 70k when I got in the car one morning and it said "Power Reduced". Called my service center and they thought I'd need a new battery which did get me bummed, but they were able to take the main battery apart in the service center and replace the part that had failed. They even did a TSB while the battery pack was open and replaced the "Thermal Blanket" to a newer version... So happy with their proactive service!

Aaron

PS - At 78k miles now and my 100% Range Charge tops off at 245 miles....