Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TPMS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. Was that a software change, or did they actually change the sensors?
That is a good question, the in the wheel sensors were changed to a new brand which may be made by Continental (I could be wrong on that). I have seen some screen shots of the new V7 user interface that show wheel level inflation readings. This info is available on the password protected "service screen subsystem" which the Tesla technicians use at the SC.

Not sure about the replacement at the wheel level with the newer version TPMS. The SC does stock two versions, the older and the newer. I think the wheel transponders and the Model S's receiver may need to be the same somehow. In other words, it may be that if you have older TPMS' at the wheel you may need to stay with them. This has not been confirmed although in a discussion with my SC service manager he stated that he needed to know the VIN number prior to selling me TPMS so I would have the correct ones. Perhaps someone has more information on this?

Not sure about the replacement at the wheel level with the newer version TPMS. The SC does stock two versions, the older and the newer. I think the wheel transponders and the Model S's receiver may need to be the same somehow. In other words, it may be that if you have older TPMS' at the wheel you may need to stay with them. This has not been confirmed although in a discussion with my SC service manager he stated that he needed to know the VIN number prior to selling me TPMS so I would have the correct ones. Perhaps someone has more information on this?

When you shop for their winter tire package, you have the following two different part numbers based on VIN:
VIN < P50900: 1018923-01-A
VIN > P50900: 1053320-00-A

I would believe this is the TPMS specific portion. Tires and wheels are unlikely to be VIN dependant.