Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Love, Partnership, Marriage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cheers all,
just wanted to check with mods if it's okay to have a thread on matters of love, partnership and marriage here at TMC. If it's way off-off-off topic feel free to close it. To me it's kind of integral part of human life - we should have a platform to dicuss these issues here amongst us.

thanks....in any case.

Pete

Cheers all,
just wanted to check with mods if it's okay to have a thread on matters of love, partnership and marriage here at TMC. If it's way off-off-off topic feel free to close it. To me it's kind of integral part of human life - we should have a platform to dicuss these issues here amongst us.

thanks....in any case.

Pete

The only problem I see is that if you're marrying your car, it would need to be in the appropriate Model S/Roadster/Model X part of the forum. Although if you're marrying your Model X, I would comment that it's a rather short engagement.

Cheers all,

thanks....in any case.

Pete
What, there are not enough of these already on the Internet? My concern would be that this would quickly devolve into arguments for/against same sex relationships. Do we really want to have these discussions on a Tesla forum?

Our 45 anniversary renewal wedding in July (Drove the Tesla from DFW to Granite Falls, WA).
Denise_jerry.jpg

Denise_jerry_2.jpg

• Love
Reactions: jbcarioca
.../ My concern would be that this would quickly devolve into arguments for/against same sex relationships. Do we really want to have these discussions on a Tesla forum?
Really?

Aren’t we long past that stage?

- - - Updated - - -

This is far from the first time same sex relationships has been mentioned on TMC since I joined in July 2012, and I’m pretty sure there hasn’t been anyone ever questioning the rights of folks of the same sex to enter into relationships…

The only problem I see is that if you're marrying your car, it would need to be in the appropriate Model S/Roadster/Model X part of the forum. Although if you're marrying your Model X, I would comment that it's a rather short engagement.

:biggrin: I'm already married to my wife, thanks. But I do love Tesla! Don't think she's jealous though.

Imagine if my wife just peeks in to my computer and I am reading Tesla forum where someone is talking about their love or recent divorce....:confused:

Please let's stick to cars:wink:

Okay, okay, got you. You're right - not the best place to talk about one's relationship, the partner's attitude towards cars and stuff like that.

Any recommendations for such a platform anyone?

@jerry33: I'm sorry for the lack of knowledge, but may I ask what kind of rite / tradition (religion?) that is? The clothes look Japanese somehow. (sorry, I really have no clue)

What, there are not enough of these already on the Internet? My concern would be that this would quickly devolve into arguments for/against same sex relationships. Do we really want to have these discussions on a Tesla forum?

It's a topic that's been done to death, so we can skip straight to discussing polygamy or other non-conventional relationships.

(Is that clean enough?)

I vote for ignoring post #15.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a topic that's been done to death, so we can skip straight to discussing polygamy or other non-conventional relationships.

(Is that clean enough?)
But before we ignore it, why not add some context. That post #15 is almost an exact copy of the post that caused Doug to intervene above. But now ItsNotAboutTheMoney has changed the wording and instead writes “…/ or other non-conventional relationships”.

In his original post which is now in moderation – and IMO likely will just be outright erased – ItsNotAboutTheMoney instead explicitly mentioned what Doug is referring to above in post #12…

Last edited:
Really?

Aren’t we long past that stage?

- - - Updated - - -

This is far from the first time same sex relationships has been mentioned on TMC since I joined in July 2012, and I’m pretty sure there hasn’t been anyone ever questioning the rights of folks of the same sex to enter into relationships…
Thanks for helping me make my point, SA. Oh, and btw, I did not question those rights either.

I vote for ignoring post #15.

- - - Updated - - -

But before we ignore it, why not add some context. That post #15 is almost an exact copy of the post that caused Doug to intervene above. But now ItsNotAboutTheMoney has changed the wording and instead writes “…/ or other non-conventional relationships”.

In his original post which is now in moderation – and IMO likely will just be outright erased – ItsNotAboutTheMoney instead explicitly mentioned what Doug is referring to above in post #12…

Yes, and the post eliminated the phrase that you and Doug considered offensive, so there's no problem. (And I'll note that I didn't post that phrase to shock or offend. I wrote it in response to a post concerned that the thread would end up with argument about same-sex marriage, so in jest, I suggested that we could skip to more complex issues.)

Thanks for helping me make my point, SA. Oh, and btw, I did not question those rights either.
That's not how I see it. The way I see it, you made your own point.

No, you did not question those rights, but you literally implied that others might.

Why?

Completely unnecessary.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, and the post eliminated the phrase that you and Doug considered offensive, so there's no problem. (And I'll note that I didn't post that phrase to shock or offend. I wrote it in response to a post concerned that the thread would end up with argument about same-sex marriage, so in jest, I suggested that we could skip to more complex issues.)
Are you telling me you honestly couldn’t predict how your original post would be perceived?

Last edited: