Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Going to the NY Auto Show

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I finally put the photos up of the car show, almost a month late lol. http://www.visualrenaissancegallery.com/Other/Autos/17208381_rdXWrQ

The attention draw for green cars was the Infiniti M hybrid
SAM6882-L.jpg

Panamera Hybrid
SAM6995-L.jpg

and the Ford Focus EV
SAM6967-L.jpg

Nothing spectacular/unseen from any car co. The Prius V was there and no one batted an eye or paused for a second.
SAM6907-L.jpg
Notice the lack of large crowd and the presenter looked rather bored.

Lexus had one concept car. There was a concept LF-GH (I think that was the name) but it looked like melted plastic that has cooled and hardened.
SAM7011-L.jpg

Acura has nothing at all green and was absolutely the same stuff as every year... Yawn

I did get to ride in a iMIEV, Volt and LEAF. The Volt and Leaf were nice rides, very quick at the low end. it was an indoor track, so we coudn't hit 50, but the woman driving the Volt came close and she got scolded by the fire Marshall to slow down.

The volt and the Leaf have the same passenger space except for the middle seat missing in the volt. The Leaf of course wins in head room, but everything else is optical illusion (light interior, dashboard set back, no center console, large windows makes the leaf seem larger than it is.)

I'm sorry to put this so bluntly, but the iMiev is a piece of garbage, not fit to be called an EV suitable for the highway. I've seen NEVs with better quality. Tons of squeaking from the dash and other places in the "car". Keep in mind that I was on an indoor track, I can only imagine what would happen when you hit a pot hole. The cheapest material you can find are in the iMIEV. There is no point when the LEAF (and the Focus EV) is(/are) the same (rumored) price and is well built.

Why don't you tell us how you really feel?? =P It's odd. The iMiEV has been around for a while. You'd think they'd have the bugs worked out by now.

I guess it was really apparent the shoddy construction of the iMIEV because literally in the span of 10-15 minutes I was able to ride around in all three cars. The drive train seemed good, it's the rest of the iMiev that needs to be upgraded, especially when its direct competition offers a larger, better built, almost luxurious car (compared to the iMIEV) with the same price tag (the IMIEV is rumoured to come in at 30k... waaayyy to close to the LEAF and Focus EV). If the iMIEV was 10k cheaper I guess I could let it slide, but not at that price.

It's like Mitzu got to the protoype stage and said "screw it, this is as far as we will go" :scared:. I am 100% happy that Nissan were first to the US market, The Leaf may have a limited range, but it's a well built car, no one can argue with that (the same can be said for the volt and tesla roadster).