Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FLOORMATS - Which To Consider?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As time gets closer to my ordering the S, I figure I can pass some time getting the grip upon floor mats.

My use of the S will be as a daily driver year 'round. Here in New England we have all 4 Seasons so the concept of having a Summer set of mats and a more water resistant Winter set of mats is understood.

So for those of you who use your S in a 4 Season environment, what brands should I consider and which mats do you have feedback on?

Thanks in Advance.
ARTinCT

I use the all weather mat from tesla. they are made from weathertech and are less expensive from tesla than directly from weathertech

http://shop.teslamotors.com/collections/model-s/products/all-weather-model-s-interior-set

I only use these all year.

So how well do these mats fit? I have had WeatherTech mats in the past and they are an excellent product. I was not aware that WeatherTech made them for Tesla Accessories. Nice.

I have been looking at the Lloyd's mats and they have two grades, one is more plush and more expensive.

Which of the Lloyds mats should I consider and why?

Thanks

So how well do these mats fit? I have had WeatherTech mats in the past and they are an excellent product. I was not aware that WeatherTech made them for Tesla Accessories. Nice.

I have been looking at the Lloyd's mats and they have two grades, one is more plush and more expensive.

Which of the Lloyds mats should I consider and why?

Thanks

I have the WeatherTech mats and they fit perfect - they come with screw hooks for the fronts.

Yes, it's hard work.

The first link shows images of mats they've made.
The second link is the materials you can choose from. And yes, both from the same firm.

Actually, there are prices if you scroll way down to the bottom of the website page, not the domain for images one.

Email to [email protected]

I don't know if they are a TMC supporter, but I think that's how I found out about them. Another thread buried on here somewhere.

I just emailed Jerry and told him what I liked and we fleshed out the design and now he's quoting for the design I want. It depends on any graphics you want, etc.

For example, I have a quote of 2 front mats in black with tan edging with graphics of Tesla & the T, and P90D and back rear passenger mat with silhouette of car and Model S P90D in same color scheme, of course, for $390.

I'm getting the All Weather Mat from Tesla for the frunk because that's where I plan on putting dirty boots, etc.

Last edited:
For a review of the LLoyd's Lux mats, see this article:
http://teslaliving.net/2015/07/03/review-evannex-lloyds-luxe-mats-for-the-model-s/

For another type of mat to consider, see this website.
http://www.cocomats.com/
I have ordered mats from here my new Tesla and have used them in the past for Mercedes. Lots of styles and colors available, and various materials. Some would hold up better in wet weather than others.
For some photos of mats installed in Teslas, see their gallery at http://www.cocomats.com/other-makes/ and scroll down to the Telsa entry.

Happy shopping, and enjoy the car!

Do you also have them for the frunk and rear hatch and storage areas or just the front and rear foot areas?
I have front, back, trunk and footwell WeatherTechs. They're all fantastic. The rear foot mat is ever so slightly oversized; I like this because it is more protective, but if you put the front seats all the way back it can bend slightly. In the trunk, you have to lift up the front of the mat to get down into the footwell. That is true with any mat though. I would buy them again if I somehow lost them. I also would have gotten the frunk one, but the D variant was not available when I ordered.

I'm looking at these. They look very nice and have received good reviews on the forum.
Aftermarket - Front, Rear, Frunk and Trunk Wool Velour Floor Mats for Tesla Model S
ForMyTesla.com
Agreed. Love mine. I got the front/rear set and wanted them subtle. They're black with black piping to match the black interior, and embroidered in the darkest grey thread with the Tesla T in front and the Model S silhouette in the rear. I get a lot of compliments on them. Just visible enough to get noticed, but not so much that they're distracting from the car. They look classy, I think, and the quality is great.

I did have to let them air out for about a week before I put them in the car, though. Pretty strong adhesive smell upon arrival.