Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hail Damage Repair Wyoming?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was on my way back from Casper yesterday and with out warning I saw a bunch of cars on the side of the road and then a massive hail storm! It was crazy loud and I was afraid that my pano roof might brake. After it passed the all the glass was okay but my car looks a bit like a golf ball with at least 22 dents I have found so far. They are on hood, trunk, sides of the pano roof and one of the rear side panels. I called my insurance state farm and they said to find a shop to get it repaired, I call Tesla and they said there are no certified shops in Wyoming and to just find a shop that can work on aluminum.
Any recommendations on a shop? If not in Wyoming I could go to Colorado or Utah.
DSC02324 (1).jpg
DSC02325.jpg
DSC02326 (1).jpg
DSC02327 (2).jpg
DSC02329 (1).jpg
DSC02330 (1).jpg
DSC02331 (1).jpg
DSC02321 (1).jpg
DSC02322 (1).jpg
DSC02323.jpg

Ouch!! That's painful to look at. I've had the unfortunate opportunity to go through that also, $11,000 dollars worth. Ours was a steel body car but I can vouch for the ability of a good paint-less dent repair technician. They can work wonders. Here is a video I found online working with an aluminum hood. From the work I've seen being done this guy is pretty skilled. Not saying a body panel might not need replacing but this may be a great alternative.

Paintless Dent Repair Aluminum Hood - YouTube

My S85D had two quarter sized dents in the hood from coming too close to a sudden tornado back in April. I got them fixed at Dent Away in Fort Collins. I had a couple other quotes from other paintless dent repair shops and the others were quite a bit more expensive. If Colorado is not too far of a drive, I recommend Dent Away as a great shop that can do aluminum. You can't tell where the dents were now. Good luck with getting your car fixed.

It's about 5 hours way, my sister lives there. If I can't find something closer I'll have to call on Monday.

My S85D had two quarter sized dents in the hood from coming too close to a sudden tornado back in April. I got them fixed at Dent Away in Fort Collins. I had a couple other quotes from other paintless dent repair shops and the others were quite a bit more expensive. If Colorado is not too far of a drive, I recommend Dent Away as a great shop that can do aluminum. You can't tell where the dents were now. Good luck with getting your car fixed.

hailmasters have you done worked on a Tesla before? You might want to call up Tesla and see if you can get added to their list of certified repair shops.
I would feel better taking my 100K car to a Tesla approve shop.

Hail Masters is a Paintless Dent Repair Shop in Cheyenne, Wy. Located at 4912 Ridge Rd. World class results and are experts with aluminum. 1-866-GOT-HAIL.

Hello Pox. I have extensive experience working on very high line vehicles. I have done work on vehicles before going through the Barrett-Jackson Auction House in Scottsdale, Az. I have traveled the world repairing autos that have been damaged by hail. I've not actually worked on a Tesla however the panels are accessible just as other high line vehicles are. My repairs are flawless and I encourage my customer to watch the process of repair if it makes them more comfortable. I am not aware of any paintless dent removal companies that are Tesla approved. However, you have given me an idea and maybe I will be the first. Please contact me if you have any questions or If I can give any suggestions or advice for repair. 1-866-GOT-HAIL? Thanks, Bob

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Hello Pox. I have extensive experience working on very high line vehicles. I have done work on vehicles before going through the Barrett-Jackson Auction House in Scottsdale, Az. I have traveled the world repairing autos that have been damaged by hail. I've not actually worked on a Tesla however the panels are accessible just as other high line vehicles are. My repairs are flawless and I encourage my customer to watch the process of repair if it makes them more comfortable. I am not aware of any paintless dent removal companies that are Tesla approved. However, you have given me an idea and maybe I will be the first. Please contact me if you have any questions or If I can give any suggestions or advice for repair. 1-866-GOT-HAIL? Thanks, Bob

I had PDR done on mine to remove about 75 dents from dime to quarter size hail. Dents were all pulled and the car looks like new. I don't have any before pictures but the worst hits were a 1/2 inch depression in the A pillar right above where it meets the fender and a 3/4 depression in the middle of the hood. Some trim was also replaced and the total came out to about $5600.

Who did you use?

I had PDR done on mine to remove about 75 dents from dime to quarter size hail. Dents were all pulled and the car looks like new. I don't have any before pictures but the worst hits were a 1/2 inch depression in the A pillar right above where it meets the fender and a 3/4 depression in the middle of the hood. Some trim was also replaced and the total came out to about $5600.