Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Noob question - how do you guys know your tire pressure??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Likely a noob car question - So I posted about a flat tire exactly a week ago. I got the tire patched and this evening I got a 'low tire pressure' warning. I suspect it was the patch guy not having done his job well. I want to see what my tire pressure currently is but I'm not sure how. I looked around here and people here just seem to know always their tire pressure value! How do you guys do it?

Likely a noob car question - So I posted about a flat tire exactly a week ago. I got the tire patched and this evening I got a 'low tire pressure' warning. I suspect it was the patch guy not having done his job well. I want to see what my tire pressure currently is but I'm not sure how. I looked around here and people here just seem to know always their tire pressure value! How do you guys do it?
Well, unless the next version of firmware changes things, the old ways are the best ways. I.e., get out and measure. That's what I do anyway, generally weekly.

Hey, congrats on your purchase!!! :)

I noticed one time after a shop repaired a tire, they only inflated the tire to 35 psi, so the low pressure warning continued until I properly inflated the tire myself.

Any time your car goes in for any kind of service (even non tire related), check the pressures first thing the next morning. You never know when someone was trying to be "helpful".

According to the leaks, the next major firmware release will display individual tire pressures.

More than just a leak at this point. I'm pretty sure I saw a screen save someone with V7 posted to the forums recently showing all four pressures. Would be nice if they also included the spare for those of us (paranoid types) that bought and carry a spare on longer trips.

No need for FOBO. The 7.0 software release will have actual TPMS values displayed.

Beta-Update-2.png

Last edited: