Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Metallic Grey Needs Tinted Windows

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not the kind of guy that spends money on after market features, but I just had my 85D tinted and couldn't be happier. I didn't go too dark, just 50%, but it made the car look super sharp. I was having some buyer's regrets on the metallic grey, it just seemed bland after a few months. But the tint seems to make the chrome pop and overall make the car look better. I hesitated on doing the windshield, but after consulting with TLC Auto Detail, I went forward with it.

Side note- David was super helpful for anyone in NOVA, couldn't have done a better job. I'm in sales, and it's nice when someone knows their business and handles customers with professionalism and respect.

I pulled the trigger because of the potential energy savings, but now I'm glad I made the investment just for the looks. It's hurricane weather at the moment, so I don't have pics, but PM me if you are considering doing it. Falling in love with my car (again)!

Here's some quick pics now that the rain has stopped. Probably not doing it justice, but I love the accent of the tinting, it just gives it a slightly more aggressive look and highlights the chrome. I went with the c quartz, so I'll have to wait for another hot sunny day to see if there's any noticeable differences. When we took it out last night, the tinting wasn't even noticeable, another plus for the craftsmanship and quality of the product.

Now I need new 19' rims. I'm going to stick with chrome now that I have the windows tinted... any suggestions?

20151004_124649_resized.jpg
20151004_124655_resized.jpg