Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

San Jose Store on Santana Row

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm. Yeah, I'm about to head to the Santa Row (San Jose) store for an owner's event. I have to say I'm nervous about Tesla spending bundles of cash on a high-rent store right now when they have a perfectly good showroom 20 minutes away. I think they should have waited until Model S was nearly ready instead of wasting 1.5 years of high $$ rent.

Just got back (kinda wished they had everyone have name tags!). The store is nice, friendly - it's an interesting spot. The new color assembly displays are a great, tactile way of checking out 'your Roadster'. The two configurator displays right there let you swipe when done (big forty-x inch touch displays) and send the configured view to the huge plasma display at the front podium - very cool and slightly exhibitionist.

I got the biggest kick out of how one of the employees very quickly assembled the colors she had clearly very well considered. It is a car that kinda gets under your skin in that way, doesn't it?

Oh, and having Santana Row lined with a lot of Roadsters - all cleaned up as far as I could tell (my back is still a little sore from this weekend) - was very, very cool.

Just got back (kinda wished they had everyone have name tags!). The store is nice, friendly - it's an interesting spot. The new color assembly displays are a great, tactile way of checking out 'your Roadster'. The two configurator displays right there let you swipe when done (big forty-x inch touch displays) and send the configured view to the huge plasma display at the front podium - very cool and slightly exhibitionist.

I got the biggest kick out of how one of the employees very quickly assembled the colors she had clearly very well considered. It is a car that kinda gets under your skin in that way, doesn't it?

Oh, and having Santana Row lined with a lot of Roadsters - all cleaned up as far as I could tell (my back is still a little sore from this weekend) - was very, very cool.

Thanks for the update - I couldn't make it tonight, but will probably be out for dinner at Santana Row this Saturday evening & will drop in to see the new store.

Yep, I do wish they had given out name tags - I haven't met anyone from here in person yet.

The store is nice and I understand they're trying to build brand awareness but IMO I think most people that stop in and see the only offering is a car that only the top 1% of people can afford will put them off. If Tesla waited until Model S was here they'd have an offering to show that would be attainable for a lot more people.

Yep, I do wish they had given out name tags - I haven't met anyone from here in person yet.

The store is nice and I understand they're trying to build brand awareness but IMO I think most people that stop in and see the only offering is a car that only the top 1% of people can afford will put them off. If Tesla waited until Model S was here they'd have an offering to show that would be attainable for a lot more people.

to each their own. I kept visiting this jewelry store at my local mall to look at a Bell & Ross watch that I always wanted. One day, I finally bought it. The same will happen with a Roadster or two. Can't imagine what it will be like with Model S... they will be selling several per day!

The new one:
april_santanaheader.jpg

Video on it here:
Tesla Gears Up for Lower-Priced Model S - MarketWatch Video

As an investor, I was interested in their current layout of new products in their stores. I not so randomly picked the closest to me as one sample point. More sample points would be interesting. We hopefully see them on Electrek and other Tesla news sites and from other sources such as occasional posts here. In the modern age, Tesla's main website would likely be the primary source of public company sales information, but I know I wanted to know more when I first became interested. In retrospect, I learned very little from the stores.

Here's the result at Santana Row:

Solar:

IMG_8012.JPG

PowerWall:

IMG_8013.JPG
IMG_8017.JPG
IMG_8018.JPG
IMG_8019.JPG

Model 3:

IMG_8016.JPG

m3-pano.jpg

Store:

store-pano.jpg

IMG_8014.JPG

Last edited:
Ulmo we were there a few months back for a Social. Thanks for bumping this thread up with the photos. Read the thread for the first time and had no idea the store had been around since the Roadster. Also I had no idea about the Volta above the doorway that someone posted about. Missed seeing it. That was cool.

Anyway during the social they had a rep from the solar/powerwall part of Tesla at the store and he was bombarded by owners asking all kinds of questions on it. Lots of interest for sure. Did they have a dedicated rep when you were there? It really is a subject/product that needs the personal touch and he gave out a lot of business cards for followup calls and free appointment to come out to give an eval of your home situation.

Last edited:
That's great to hear that they're putting out people with information about PowerWall during events. I didn't see any specific people stationed to explain PowerWall, but I didn't seek any attention. I'd love to see more people who order PowerWalls receive them; I received mine already, but I was "one of the first 100 customers", so I feel a bit exclusive. I'm very happy with my 1st 100 experience but impatiently waiting to just be a part of the masses.