Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did he really say this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Patrick W

Mar 17, 2015
SLC, UT
A friend sent this to me saying he found it on Facebook. I watched the Model X event and don't remember Mr. Musk saying this. Did he?

Regardless, it still gave me a good laugh. :)

0vw.jpg

He also said "as clean as a hospital's operating room". I'd probably rather breath smog than a hospital's indoor air but both make a lot of people sick. The operating rooms have different air treatments than the rest of the hospital.

Nope, inuendo maybe construed by some.

I would say innuendo construed by most. It seemed very apparent to me (at least) that he was making reference to VW without mentioning them by name. I think almost everyone in the crowd got the "joke".

An evening up close with the Tesla Model X | Ars Technica
...The Model X also has a large HEPA air filter system. Musk joked about Volkswagen's recent emissions scandal: "The third thing, which is actually sort of topical," he said to laughter, "we designed [this filter] well before recent events."...

Regardless it's a joke a or, VW is a disgrace company. Driving behind a TDI is like driving up to 40 cars that emitted nitrogen oxide allowed in US. I hope VW get the hardest punishment.

On positive side, this scandal will toughen car emission test on all auto manufactures. In the long run it benefits consumers.