Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Motor Trend SUV of the Year Nomination, 2016 or 2017?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that the Model X has "officially launched" when do you think it will be entered into the MT SUV of the Year, 2016 or 2017? I know one of the criteria's is it needs to be below $100,000 to be considered and seeing as the testing normally occurs in November I doubt the Model X's sub $100,000 Production vehicles will make it out before the end of 2015.

Anyone remember how the 2013 Car of the Year went for the Model S?

I would think 2016. The Model S came out in July or August 2012 and MotorTrend didn't test it until 2013.

False.
Motor trend car of the year announcement was in November 2012. I assume they call it 2013 because of the pre-existing convention of naming car models a year in advance by other manufacturers.

Edit: as far as COTY testing, I admit I don't know when that is, but I wouldn't be surprised if Musk lent them his own car if the testing is soon.

False.
Motor trend car of the year announcement was in November 2012. I assume they call it 2013 because of the pre-existing convention of naming car models a year in advance by other manufacturers.

not sure why but this really annoyed me. basically they tested a 2012 Model S vs all other 2013 model year cars for a 2013 COTY?
lame
I guess the cars could have been produced around the same time at least but it's just not right to call a 2012 car a '13. I can't sell my 2012 as a '13 (not that I want to or want it to be a '13 either...'12s are better)