Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maryland Tesla Dealership Locations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Lanny

Nov 29, 2011
MD
The Maryland "Tesla Law" goes into effect today, October 1st.

This means that Tesla can now be licensed as a dealer and have up to four locations in the state including the one in Bethesda.

It might be time to be on the lookout for building permits, etc. that would indicate where Tesla might be setting up additional sales locations in Maryland.

Any clues out there?

Lanny

Tesla Sales and Service in Owings Mills, MD

Here you go...

Listed as Coming Soon on the Tesla website: Tesla Store and Service Center in Owings Mills, MD

Lanny

Sales_Service_OM.png

I have heard rumblings that a combined service center/store (sorry, Lanny, I just can't call them "dealers" - that's such a bad word to me now - there's "drug dealers" who destroy lives, "car dealers" who cheat customers (although granted, not *all* of them), "arms dealers" who foster terrorist organizations, etc.... bad connotations for me), between Baltimore and Annapolis, I'd prefer one in Towson/Hunt Valley area (although NOT Towsontowne Center - are you listening Tesla?)

- - - Updated - - -

Here you go...

Listed as Coming Soon on the Tesla website: Tesla Store and Service Center in Owings Mills, MD

Lanny

So ranger/valet within 50 miles, that's good to know...

Crossed posts - that works for me - still need something for the Annapolis crowd though...

Looks like Annapolis is open according to Tesla's web site. The description says coming soon, but the website marks it in red, not gray like Owings Mills. Look like gallery only, no supercharger.

Annapolis-Annapolis Mall

Edit
    • Gallery
  • Coming Soon
  • 2002 Annapolis Mall Rd
    Annapolis, MD 21401

Our display is located in front of J Crew between Williams Sonoma and Free People. Recommended parking near Nordstrom on the East side of the mall. Enter between Cheesecake Factory and California Pizza Kitchen.
    Driving Directions
    • Sales (888) 518-3752
    • Roadside Assistance (877) 798-3752
    • Hours
      Monday - Saturday 10:00am - 8:00pm
      Sunday 11:00am - 7:00pm

Here are some photos of the Tesla "Experience Center" in Annapolis Mall.

It's a temporary site said to be open only until December. It's in the main hallway of the mall across from the J Crew store in the vicinity of JCPenney.

Lanny

PlugInSitesTeslaAnnapolis01.JPG

PlugInSitesTeslaAnnapolis03.JPG

PlugInSitesTeslaAnnapolis02.jpg

Hopefully Tesla will invest a few dollars and put in a couple of HPWC's. I have charged in those parking spots, they are a joke. I received "bad wiring" messages and charging was reduced. I'm guessing they will get 2 to 3 mph on their test drive cars. Arrive early for a test drive as they will get shorter during the day.

Sent the following to the destination team. "Are there plans to install a few destination chargers at Annapolis Mall in Annapolis, Md? There is now a sales experience location in the mall and it seems like Tesla will be using the only available charging options at the Mall which is a poorly wired 20amp 110v plug."

And got the following reply,

"We have already reached out to the Annapolis Mall with our offer to no avail. If you know any managers or property owners at the mall or destinations nearby, feel free to pass them along or make any introductions.

Thank you,

Destination Charging Team
3500 Deer Creek Road, Palo Alto, CA 94304
e [email protected] | f 510.952.4482

So if anybody knows anyone let the destination team know.

Sent the following to the destination team. "Are there plans to install a few destination chargers at Annapolis Mall in Annapolis, Md? There is now a sales experience location in the mall and it seems like Tesla will be using the only available charging options at the Mall which is a poorly wired 20amp 110v plug."

And got the following reply,

"We have already reached out to the Annapolis Mall with our offer to no avail. If you know any managers or property owners at the mall or destinations nearby, feel free to pass them along or make any introductions.

Thank you,

Destination Charging Team
3500 Deer Creek Road, Palo Alto, CA 94304
e [email protected] | f 510.952.4482

So if anybody knows anyone let the destination team know.

Really? They've "signed a lease" with the mall and can't get a response from anyone on electric? Seems odd.