Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ugh - FWD is already a super common vehicle abbreviation!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know, I know, what else are people going to type when they don't want to spell out Falcon Wing Doors... But as a car guy it's really discombobulating to keep seeing FWD mean something other than Front Wheel Drive.

Reminds me of seeing SC on every Tesla forum. It means both Supercharger and Service Center. Very confusing sometimes.

Post your idea for another Falcon Wing Doors abbreviation :)

I know, I know, what else are people going to type when they don't want to spell out Falcon Wing Doors... But as a car guy it's really discombobulating to keep seeing FWD mean something other than Front Wheel Drive.

Reminds me of seeing SC on every Tesla forum. It means both Supercharger and Service Center. Very confusing sometimes.

Post your idea for another Falcon Wing Doors abbreviation :)
I have already seen F-Wing, but that kind of sounds like something you'd say when the door doesn't work. :tongue:

Yes, the use of FWD irks me too. I immediately think Front Wheel Drive and it takes me a bit to reinterpret it. Wouldn't FD (Falcon-wing Doors) suffice? Or even better: just use a word rather than acronym, like "falcons" or "wings," similar to how we refer to the front trunk as "frunk". I don't see the need to use an acronym.

So that's what they meant!!
r4_27.gif
I could not figure it out on my own.