Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who's going to the Tesla Owners Weekend on May 14th and 15th?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They've been threatening to invite owners to the Model S plant for awhile now. It was supposed to happen this spring but they've pushed it out. My rep hasn't sent me anything about this though. It would be awesome if it's that wkend - my parents are going to be in town and can watch the baby!

Embarrassing. Turns out it is a promotion for buyers who purchased their cars during a specific period in 2010. I've been told there will be another event perhaps in the fall.

Had I known that this was an exclusive event I wouldn't have posted it at all... sorry! I wish they would have told me.
redface.gif

Embarrassing. Turns out it is a promotion for buyers who purchased their cars during a specific period in 2010. I've been told there will be another event perhaps in the fall.

Had I known that this was an exclusive event I wouldn't have posted it at all... sorry! I wish they would have told me.
redface.gif

Are they going to be checking ID? :)

We were sworn to secrecy regarding the few pictures we were allowed to take. The S is spectacularly sexy and the factory is huge. They inherited a lot of manufacturing equipment with the building and most of it is operational and has been tested. They're going to mold all of their plastic in-house! No outsourcing for the S at first, entirely Made in USA as far as I understand. They've tested the injection molding machines (IMMs) and they work perfectly. Molds are being made, everything seems to be on schedule. We heard from George Blankenship Several times and talked to him at length. Probably the world's most delightful man. The weekend was a real blast, tarnished only by a delayed flight that's forcing me onto a red-eye, grrr.

They have a prototyping lab with all kinds of fun stuff. We got to hold a rotor and look at it in detail, and see the inside of the S under the "frunk" and inspect that open glider. Actually I do have pics of that, showing some details.

It was an absolutely wonderful weekend with the equally wonderful & delightful Tesla Staff. As Zack stated, we have been sworn to secrecy, but suffice it to say that there are some REALLY EXCITING events and things coming up!!!

We, also, had quite an "adventure" on our trip home! The weather did not cooperate (rain, hail, snow, and ice) on our first real trip from Menlo Park up over the Sierra's into Nevada with our just purchased (on the Friday before the Owner's Weekend) Roadster.

We, also, had quite an "adventure" on our trip home! The weather did not cooperate (rain, hail, snow, and ice) on our first real trip from Menlo Park up over the Sierra's into Nevada with our just purchased (on the Friday before the Owner's Weekend) Roadster.

Yes, we sure got some odd (for May) weather this past weekend. I had to be in Reno on the weekend so I drove through it going the other direction. Squaw valley is still open for skiing and got more snow!

Did your Roadster cope with the frozen slush as well as others have reported?

Last edited:
It was an absolutely wonderful weekend with the equally wonderful & delightful Tesla Staff. As Zack stated, we have been sworn to secrecy, but suffice it to say that there are some REALLY EXCITING events and things coming up!!!

If you're allowed to share this (or if they talked about it too) but did they talk about where the charge port would be, what standards in the US they'd support?

Yes, we sure got some odd (for May) weather this past weekend. I had to be in Reno on the weekend so I drove through it going the other direction. Squaw valley is still open for skiing and got more snow!

Did your Roadster cope with the frozen slush as well at others have reported?

I was in Reno, too, over the weekend ... I was glad when I-80 opened back up. I thought I might be spending the night in Truckee and needed to be back for Monday meetings. I would have enjoyed seeing another Roadster on the road there. :)