Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I go back to not seeing Tweets in forum posts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Andyw2100

Oct 22, 2014
Ithaca, NY
Let me start by saying that I basically don't use Twitter, though I have an account, so I am very much unfamiliar with all things Twiiter.

Last night, when the Livefeed of the X Event wasn't working, I installed periscope on my android phone, in an attempt to watch the event. I had some success with that until I managed to get the live feed. (Thanks to those at the event periscoping, or whatever the term is.)

I am now seeing Twitter feeds on the right side of many of the forum posts here. I'm sure this must somehow be related. I want those Twitter feeds to go away. I looked for an "x" box to close the feed, I checked settings here, I tried to check periscope settings on my phone, but couldn't find them, so I just force quit the app. I am at a loss.

I am sure I'm just missing something silly and stupid, but whatever it is, I need a pointer or something, as I'm not seeing it, and I very badly want those tweets out of site.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

It's not just you. I don't have a twitter account, and don't use it at all, but this morning I'm starting to see a twitter box embedded in the last post of each page on some threads.

I hadn't pinpointed it to being the last post on the page, but checking a few threads now, I believe you are correct.

If this was just a TMC change made at the same time I happened to install Periscope, that would be funny in a way, though the amount of time I spent trying to figure out what I had done wrong, and how to undo it is somewhat annoying. (I'm not blaming anyone but myself.)

It was something I turned on for the X event. It only shows in the Model X forums. We have something similar in the SpaceX forum (and a stock ticker with news in the investor forum).
Since the event is done, I can turn it off now if people want.

It was something I turned on for the X event. It only shows in the Model X forums. We have something similar in the SpaceX forum (and a stock ticker with news in the investor forum).
Since the event is done, I can turn it off now if people want.

Don't turn it off on because of me and my post.

I just seriously thought I had somehow enabled some TMC feature by having installed Periscope, and was just asking how to disable it, as I personally would prefer not to see the tweets. But I have no idea how others feel. They don't bother me enough to want to suggest that others shouldn't be able to see them if they want to see them.

Great job, by the way, increasing the site's capacity from your phone, during the event! (I saw andrewket's photo and explanation.)