Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can you use the 2nd row seats if the 3rd row is folded down?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is very strange that they seemed to avoid letting anyone fold down the 3rd row. I am starting to wonder if to fold the 3rd row seats down, the 2nd row needs to be pushed all the way forward. This would mean to haul any significant cargo, the car becomes a 2 seater. Does anyone have any pics or video of the third row folded down?

Yes, you can fold down the third row without impacting the second row.

Thanks, I did learn that on another thread. Unfortunately I also learned that with the second row not forward, there is only 50" of space. I measured one of my dining room chairs, and it is 52" high. I REALLY want this car and this is disappointing. Too small for my dog even. This will not work for many people. Waiting for more info on 6 seat option.

Reservation #16,448

Thanks, I did learn that on another thread. Unfortunately I also learned that with the second row not forward, there is only 50" of space. I measured one of my dining room chairs, and it is 52" high. I REALLY want this car and this is disappointing. Too small for my dog even. This will not work for many people. Waiting for more info on 6 seat option.

Reservation #16,448
IF you have an order under 10,000 then maybe you've got something to think about, otherwise, there's months to see things unfold.
As I saw it, the rear area is large enough for two of any breed of dog short of a Mastiff.

somebody needs to write an open letter telling Tesla that they need to make Model X v2.0 seats that fully fold down. at 60" you can't even lie a single mattress down (requires 75"). In the Model S you have about 78" and single mattress lies in there perfectly. it's not cool that we have less storage space in the "SUV". I think its' obvious that they rushed it, couldn't figure it out, and quickly threw something together that is sub-par but was ok enough to 'roll out'.

DSC01335.JPG

Believe this will all sort out as people get a chance to see a Model X in a showroom. Won't be for everyone, but for most.

Other SUV's waste all that space underneath their seats. This is made available on the Model X.

As a last resort, I believe it comes standard with a small trailer hitch, which would allow anyone needing to haul some furniture, a fridge, or even a tree for landscaping in a rented utility trailer. Maybe not a perfect solution, but an effective and affordable solution when the need to transport items to large to stuff inside.

For even more substantial hauling needs, an optional tow package will be available that will handle up to 5,000 lbs of stuff, while still carrying 7 passengers and still more stuff in the frunk.

Believe that with a bit of open mindedness this will become a very versatile vehicle.

Reservation #16,448

But can't the 2nd row seats be moved forward 2" without having to go all the way forward?