Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X LED Headlights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2e8d30d5ca99461ba8c78ed3495ef73a.jpg

7fdb15386d1cab6e6b7378cbfede1afe.jpg

37554282964975598a451f3a0bc18698.jpg

Definitely LEDs from the pictures.
But I don't understand why it is different from the photo in the invitation email.
If the X headlights are LEDs than why is there no mention of them on this page? Look under "Specs". Model X | Tesla Motors
As of now I see no credible evidence to indicate that the X has LED headlights. I have not seen anyone who was at the event post that they asked a Tesla representative and were told the X has LED headlights. If I missed that, please let me know.

I am very happy to see the consensus that the MX headlights are LED. Now, to move the goal posts a little, I would like to see “smart” LED headlights that aim where the wheels are going (like my 2010 Lexus) or that focus on obstacles.

They are definitely not Xenons due to lack of space
Looks like 5-6 individual LED bulbs in the lower housing section plus 2 in the above row
Well that is great news, but I am puzzled as to why there is no mention of it on the Model X web page in the Specs section.
In that section it states "Daytime running lights" so the obvious thing to do would be to show, on the same line "full LED headlights", it seems to me. But there is nothing on that page about headlights.
I admit the X launch has been quirky, with real information slowly dribbling out from Tesla.

I am very happy to see the consensus that the MX headlights are LED. Now, to move the goal posts a little, I would like to see “smart” LED headlights that aim where the wheels are going (like my 2010 Lexus) or that focus on obstacles.

When the cars were turning into the area where they were doing their test rides it looked to me like the LED lights were lilluminating into the turn, so I believe they are smart.

When the cars were turning into the area where they were doing their test rides it looked to me like the LED lights were lilluminating into the turn, so I believe they are smart.
Watch this video taken during one of the X test rides on launch night. I see no indication in that video that the X LED headlights pivot into the direction of the turn.