Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Cargo Measurements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rear cargo well, 45x15x18" deep, above the cargo shelf, 18" to the curve of the hatch (lowest point). 12" from back of 3rd row to hatch (approx) at top of seat, 15" at bottom of seat back.

3rd row folded, 50" from back of middle seats to hatch when middle seats are all the way back, 60" if they are in their full forward position. 27.5" from folded rear seats to C pillar cross beam, which appears to be a constant as there's a beefy support for the FWD hinge there the full length of the back.

In 6 seat config. You have a 15" gap between the middle seats and an 80" linear space to the back. One of the test ride cars was configured this way with a center console that provided an arm rest.

Frunk is about 44" wide, 22" deep and roughly 15-18" long. (I wasn't able to get that measurement with the crowd)

A 6' man can easily stand up in the 3rd row seat area with the FWD open and the middle seat in forward position for 3rd row access.

Adaptive FWD open/close is amazing to watch with people nearby.

Peter+

• Informative
Reactions: Bluewish
In 6 seat config. You have a 15" gap between the middle seats and an 80" linear space to the back. One of the test ride cars was configured this way with a center console that provided an arm rest.
Image: http://i.imgur.com/x20iDw1.png
x20iDw1.png

I converted this from freedom units for us Europeans :)
All measurements are rounded to whole centimeters.

Rear cargo well, 114x38x46 cm deep, above the cargo shelf, 46 cm to the curve of the hatch (lowest point). 30 cm from back of 3rd row to hatch (approx) at top of seat, 38 cm at bottom of seat back.

3rd row folded, 127 cm from back of middle seats to hatch when middle seats are all the way back, 152 cm if they are in their full forward position. 70 cm from folded rear seats to C pillar cross beam, which appears to be a constant as there's a beefy support for the FWD hinge there the full length of the back.

In 6 seat config. You have a 38 cm gap between the middle seats and an 203 cm linear space to the back. One of the test ride cars was configured this way with a center console that provided an arm rest.

Frunk is about 112 cm wide, 56 cm deep and roughly 38-46 cm long. (I wasn't able to get that measurement with the crowd)

A 183 cm man can easily stand up in the 3rd row seat area with the FWD open and the middle seat in forward position for 3rd row access.

Adaptive FWD open/close is amazing to watch with people nearby.

Peter+

Yes, thanks for the measurements.

Did it look like the center console in the 6 seat config could do something like collapse down, move forward, be easily removed or something similar?
I can't find the link, but someone has been saying the centor console in the second row with a 6 seat config is removable. If that is true and how easy it is to remove, I have no idea.

Cobos

I can't find the link, but someone has been saying the centor console in the second row with a 6 seat config is removable. If that is true and how easy it is to remove, I have no idea.
I also read that somewhere, after making that post. It sounds promising. If I need to carry skis or something, I'm more than happy with taking out the center console and putting it in the trunk or frunk. :)

Was it you I photographed taking measurements?
The depth of the frunk certainly looks just under 15" on the photo below, not 22"... could some of your notes be mixed up?
Agreed with the width of 44".

View attachment 96293

View attachment 96294

Yep. That was me! I must have gotten depth and messed up on the frunk! Sorry folks! That was the first measurement I was able to make and I must have misremembered by the time I took notes. All the others were double checked later when the crowd died down after midnight and I'm sure they are correct.

You know, 80" x 15" is a pretty decent length/width combo for things like skis, surfboards on their edge, etc. I think the 6 seat config is a great choice for anyone who thinks they might want to load those things. Bikes are still problematic, as are wider things, but for lumber and skinnier things, that's not bad at all.

A couple of posters in other threads have mentioned putting long items under the pedestal seats, but as I understand it, that's not possible linearly from the flat folded 3rd row. Can someone confirm this? In other words, when the third row is folded, is it flush at floor level, or elevated? I believe the latter, and if so, does anyone have that measurement?

And pvogel, thanks for a very informative and thorough posting.

You know, 80" x 15" is a pretty decent length/width combo for things like skis, surfboards on their edge, etc. I think the 6 seat config is a great choice for anyone who thinks they might want to load those things. Bikes are still problematic, as are wider things, but for lumber and skinnier things, that's not bad at all.

A couple of posters in other threads have mentioned putting long items under the pedestal seats, but as I understand it, that's not possible linearly from the flat folded 3rd row. Can someone confirm this? In other words, when the third row is folded, is it flush at floor level, or elevated? I believe the latter, and if so, does anyone have that measurement?

And pvogel, thanks for a very informative and thorough posting.

The folded 3rd row is NOT flush with the floor, it is elevated about 18 inches (the same depth as the rear storage well)

Peter+

Cobos

I was told by a Tesla employee at the Reveal that the second row center console is easily removable. I should have asked the driver how to do it after I rode in 2nd row of the founder with 6 seats, but I was too busy shooting video and there was still at line for rides at 12:30 AM.

I'll try to get this confirmed at the Factory Store within the next two weeks before I expect to be invited to configure, since 6-seats is the configuration I plan to order. Meanwhile, if the founder who bought that vehicle we rode in could confirm whether or not they can remove the second row console, that would be great!

I was told by a Tesla employee at the Reveal that the second row center console is easily removable. I should have asked the driver how to do it after I rode in 2nd row of the founder with 6 seats, but I was too busy shooting video and there was still at line for rides at 12:30 AM.

I'll try to get this confirmed at the Factory Store within the next two weeks before I expect to be invited to configure, since 6-seats is the configuration I plan to order. Meanwhile, if the founder who bought that vehicle we rode in could confirm whether or not they can remove the second row console, that would be great!

Good luck with the console. It's been posted here that they're not necessarily offering it to anyone but Founders.