Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does the Model X come with 7.0?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh that's most definitely 7.0. Well, here's hoping they throw us Model S'ers a bone and release it soon. Clearly full AP functionality is deemed safe enough to be out on the road, I don't see any reason to keep it in beta as the Model X owners aren't under a NDA. I think I'll go admire my nosecone now :)

Look at the climate bar - this is the new UI design (i.e. 7.0):

tesla-model-x-launch-031-2040.0.jpg

Oh that's most definitely 7.0. Well, here's hoping they throw us Model S'ers a bone and release it soon. Clearly full AP functionality is deemed safe enough to be out on the road, I don't see any reason to keep it in beta as the Model X owners aren't under a NDA. I think I'll go admire my nosecone now :)

Musk seemed to state the new Autopilot features are still about a month away. So, either they deactivated those features or, more likely, they're using beta software on those initial cars.

New Model X web page on TM does not say the word 'autopilot' anywhere.... Strange

It is strange. The press release from tonight calls it autopilot.

"Every Model X carries a forward-looking camera, radar, and 360 degree sonar sensors to enable advanced autopilot features. Tesla's over-the-air software updates regularly improve the sophistication of these features, enabling increasingly capable safety and convenience features like Autosteer and Autopark, and bringing the Model X ever closer to autonomous operation."

Maybe safety features are standard but Autopilot is a paid upgrade, so they're only showing standard features on the site?