Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The new nose

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agreed. Why did they have to mess with it? The rest looks great. When you see the car coming it loses its impressive look with this front end.

If if that's the front end of the new Model S' and the 3 I won't be getting a three.

Yeah, first I was not sure, but I think it was just the white color ad the fact "we got used to" the old design. In other colors it looks nice.

Remember how Tesla said they would slowly move away from the traditional ICE design. They did not want to create a weirdo car at first, but they need to move the needle a bit. The reason ICE cars have a nose-grill is to cool the engine. EVs don't need that, the S only imitated having one to make it look more conventional, less sci-fi.

Yeah, I am going to have to reserve judgement until I see it in person, but both my wife and I had the same initial reaction, and it was not a positive one. IMO, without a nosecone/grille, a vehicle looks like the EV1, which is a love-it or hate-it kind of thing. The Model X looks very EV1 to me.

I can tell you that my source for the 60A charger rumor also told me there was a new front end, and that it would make its way to the MS. I don't think any of us would be surprised anyway to see this translate to MS body style 2.0. So I suggest we all get comfy with it.

For those that missed it:

nosecone.PNG

nosecone2.PNG

Ugly IMO. Much prefer the nose of the mules.