Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Silver Metallic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere but it looks like there is a new 'Silver Metallic' option on the Model S design studio. Is this the same as the old Silver?

It looks amazing!

Silver.png

The Silver option is showing the same color code as before (PMSS), so it should be unchanged from earlier models. "Midnight Silver" is the same as Steel Grey/New Grey. The name changed back around the time the true silver was dropped.

I met with a sales manager today as I have (and love) the silver 85 S. We just ordered the P90D and had wanted silver but it was not offered till just a few days ago. We ordered Titanium. He was was kind enough to drive one of the Titanium demonstrators out and put it side by side with my silver.

YES it IS the same silver as my 2014. Not a new "silver" color change.

After much consternation we stayed with the new Titanium color.

I met with a sales manager today as I have (and love) the silver 85 S. We just ordered the P90D and had wanted silver but it was not offered till just a few days ago. We ordered Titanium. He was was kind enough to drive one of the Titanium demonstrators out and put it side by side with my silver.

YES it IS the same silver as my 2014. Not a new "silver" color change.

After much consternation we stayed with the new Titanium color.

Good info...& awesome service!