Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reservation number gone from My Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For at least myself and one other reservation holder in Norway, the reservation numbers are gone from My Tesla. Maybe we'll see the design studio become available for everyone after the launch tonight, and then Tesla will allow people to confirm according to some hidden list they have?

Go to your My Tesla page, View page source, search for your sequence number or your RN number - it's still in the HTML, but it is now inside an HTML comment so you can't see it in the browser...

Me too (also a Norway order); glad it wasn't just me...and yes I can still see it in the URL.

rn_gone.png

Last edited:
The number in the url is your user number (or something similar). Mine is RN958xxx.

The number that is now gone is the actual reservation number, mine is 2754.
Except that it is not "gone", it just isn't visible. If you view the page source, it is still embedded in the HTML, but the display of it is disabled (and yes, I'm referring to the number that you are calling your "actual reservation number").

Except that it is not "gone", it just isn't visible. If you view the page source, it is still embedded in the HTML, but the display of it is disabled (and yes, I'm referring to the number that you are calling your "actual reservation number").
I believe that you can still see the number in the HTML. But for some reason Tesla doesn't want me to see it om My Tesla. I suspect the number is still used internally by Tesla, but that they've removed it as it becomes less relevant. Going forward, selected options, geographic region and such will probably be more important for when you get the delivery than what reservation number you have.

- - - Updated - - -

I can still see my RN xxxx number under my Model X reservation...
Yes. But can you see "Model X #5" (or something similar)?

Mine is gone as well. P15 in Canada. I wonder if this is a good thing or a bad thing. I suspect if you are a reservation holder who wants something other than the 90 kw battery, you will have to wait. The question is, how will they know this if they don't invite you to configure based on your reservation number.

Interesting to see that there is some other commented out HTML in the page. Normally when I develop, I hide that code so that it's not HTML comments but comments which will never be rendered in the final page. Looks like X orders might have 2 weeks to confirm. Aren't S orders only one week?

In an attempt to clarify things, there are 2 numbers "vin_rn" and "vin_sn". The first is the reservation number (e.g. RN302xxx) and the second is the sequence number (e.g. #005). The 2nd one (vin_sn) is the one that is no longer visible on the web and you have to use "View Source" HTML in order to see it (search for "vin_sn" and you'll locate it).

Hey All, a hopefully minor thing - in the past we've asked folks to refrain from posting the RN numbers here as that and some other minor info could be used to authenticate yourself with a tesla sales- we had to put a red sign on the reservation tracking "do no post your RN"

mods - consider back-editing to censor if this is still a sensitivity.

I have had reservation #1,938 since December 2012 but it is gone too and replaced with the following - RN318XXX. Anyone have any idea what this is?

My reservation number is gone also. This is my new one: RN888XXX. What does that even mean? I used to be #4164

Please read the whole thread for answers to your questions.

Last edited: