Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster Design Studio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's a really nice web tool - it would be even nicer if they gave you a one-click jump from MyTesla (where those of us waiting for our cars try to wear out our F5 key) to the actual spec of car you have ordered, or even already bought.

Not to mention a library of unallocated cars they have half-built so that buyers could pick one close to their desired build, if it exists. We're at the point where we wish we had taken the half-built one offered to us instead of customising the build. I know it pales against the wait time for early Roadster orders but having to wait an extra 6-8 weeks for the exact colour of seats we wanted is taking its toll! At this point we'd probably take it with no seats at all and just sit on some cushions.

Anyway, I digress... thanks for the link. Expectant [pre-]owners can use it to make a nice desktop wallpaper of the car they're waiting for, by hiding the menus and so on!

At this point we'd probably take it with no seats at all and just sit on some cushions.

Anyway, I digress... thanks for the link. Expectant [pre-]owners can use it to make a nice desktop wallpaper of the car they're waiting for, by hiding the menus and so on!

Very slick build website. Wish they had that when I ordered as well. The wait is worth it. You're getting exactly what you wanted instead of modifying something someone else had already started. It'll all be worth it when it arrives.

Agreed David...it's a lot of money and you'll have to live with your decisions for a while...order what you want as it's worth the wait!
Very slick build website. Wish they had that when I ordered as well. The wait is worth it. You're getting exactly what you wanted instead of modifying something someone else had already started. It'll all be worth it when it arrives.

They've now added it to the My Tesla page as well. ...

Definitiely in a state of flux - I have saved a configuration but don't get it on the MyTesla page, and what's more the "design" option is currently missing from the top and bottom menus on the web site. The only way I could get to it at all was to go back to the OP here and click the link.

I suppose this is to be expected with a new feature, not to mention how easy it might be for Tesla haters to launch a Denail-of-Service type attack and bring the web server to its knees with lots of rendering requests (call me paranoid, but I would be willing to bet folding money that Big Oil and/or Big Auto employ people to discredit their competitors and make tem look bad, by whatever means available).

We're at the point where we wish we had taken the half-built one offered to us instead of customising the build. I know it pales against the wait time for early Roadster orders but having to wait an extra 6-8 weeks for the exact colour of seats we wanted is taking its toll! At this point we'd probably take it with no seats at all and just sit on some cushions.

That's exactly what I did. The one I was going to custom build was identical to one that was in process with the exception of seat color (and other add on options like hard top). I figured I could live with black accent instead of charcoal on the seats to get it in 2 wks versus 10 weeks (at that time). I do not regret that decision at all.

That's exactly what I did. The one I was going to custom build was identical to one that was in process with the exception of seat color (and other add on options like hard top). I figured I could live with black accent instead of charcoal on the seats to get it in 2 wks versus 10 weeks (at that time). I do not regret that decision at all.

Uh... is that supposed to make me feel better? Not only have you actually got your Roadster right there, you got it in two weeks and you're saying "see ya... wouldn't wanna be ya!"? (aside: would that be a cool Tesla bumper sticker?)

I bet you even posted that message from a laptop while sitting in the car didn't you... Well, don't be coming by my house for a quick charge, buddy.

Just kidding of course, drop by any time. But yeah, it sucks to be me. I really don't have the patience. (Until the car arrives of course, then I'll be like "oh I am *so* glad I waited!"). I've got the Roadster Madness alright.

This seems faster now, but still quite buggy.

My favorite is calling up My Tesla and seeing my roadster, reserved model S, and Evie (my roadster design studio saved config). Now, press "Reload cars" and I get six copies of Evie! Anyone else seeing this?

... Now, press "Reload cars" and I get six copies of Evie! Anyone else seeing this?

Initially I get the right screen (one Roadster plus one design build) but when I reload, I get our "waiting to be built" at the top, plus three copies of my saved config, not six. I guess they decided to turn it into a sort of video game for those of us obsessively clicking on everything while waiting for our Roadsters! A sort of slot machine. Maybe if you get three cherries you win a free Model S prototype?

My favorite is calling up My Tesla and seeing my roadster, reserved model S, and Evie (my roadster design studio saved config). Now, press "Reload cars" and I get six copies of Evie! Anyone else seeing this?

No, I don't get the studio at all. It seems when you already have a Roadster, you're not allowed to configure another one.

The link at the start of this thread does work for me, though.

Initially I get the right screen (one Roadster plus one design build) but when I reload, I get our "waiting to be built" at the top, plus three copies of my saved config, not six.

Today it seems even more fun.

When I first bring up the page, I get one design studio car (Evie). A "reload cars" doubles that to 2 Evies. Another "reload cars" gives me 4 Evies. Another "reload cars" gives me 8 Evies. I had to stop at 16 as my browser started to get real slow, but I think the pattern is clear ;-)