Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheels for Model X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could you help me choose the wheels for my Model X?
I prefer the 20 inch wheels but I see that there are two types of wheels available. I have included a picture of the wheels that I see on the configurator.
Model X 20 inch wheels.png

Which one of these wheels would you choose? Why?
Thanks.

I chose the 22" since it will cost the same to get 22" or 20". This way we have the option of selling the 22" and putting it toward some 20" or using the 22" for the summer and switching to 20" winters.

looks-wise, the 22" hands down IMO.

Agree 22" are the best looking of the two. I should think the 20" tire would be cheaper and maybe give a more comfortable ride.
I'd love to go with the 22 but one trip on the BQE in NYC would just kill 'em, so 20" it is for me.

Back to the OP, I think he's deciding between two different 20-inch wheels. They look pretty similar to me, but I think I'd lean toward the ones on the right as they look more like a turbine (so the wind through the wheels can recharge the battery). :)

I'd love to go with the 22 but one trip on the BQE in NYC would just kill 'em, so 20" it is for me.

@ MrBoylan +1 My BMW 650 with low profile run-flats was a nightmare. Harsh ride and replaced 6 front tires in 3 years. Every time I hit a pothole at over 30mph, it bubbled a tire. Luckily, I had insurance (which Tesla does not offer) so no more low profiles for me.

Last edited: