Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pet names for the Roadster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I started calling my Roadster "Tessie", but only because my wife groans every time she hears it! :biggrin:

In revenge she's demanded rights to naming the (eventual) Model S, and wants to call it "Nikkie" after Nikola Tesla. But my evil plan is to start calling it "Essie". :wink:

This might be a new thread.

The ladies tend to name their cars and female Tesla owners I know all have pet monikers for their cars.

A few are Niki, Tessy, and Lola.
My wife named my Corvette "Hussy" because she claimed it would know when she was driving it and it would malfunction because it only wanted me to drive it (a la Christine). The Roadster she has a better relationship with but has taken to calling it "Princess" because I fawn over it all the time and in her eyes requires a lot of attention and everything has to be just so.

I have no idea what we'll call Model S when it arrives.

Last edited:
You can't name a sports car with such names! It should be something more manly like Muscle Bob, Killmachine, Mad Shark or Mister Furios.

How about Thor or Zeus.
300px-thor-2.jpg
zeus.gif

You're killing me here.

(Do you know what strength of character it takes NOT to talk about different genders naming things? ftr, my cars have never had names other than 'the Roadster', 'the 911T', 'the Prius', or courtesy of a texting teen on I-80 'the pile of metal scrap formerly known as the M5'.)

While I admire your robust personality we have never met so I will clarify my statement. All the women roadster owners I know have named their cars. That said, White Lighting is pretty cool title for yours. Mine has been called I few things by them but I reject their names -except Rooty, that's not too bad.

*edit*
I just remembered a female couple with a Roadster. I don't actually know if they named their car. But I would guess yes.

Last edited:
I've always had the tradition of naming the NAV in my cars, but I have yet to name a car. I'd give them names appropriate for their country of origin. In my Audi, she was Gerthe, in my Lexus she was Suki. I haven't bonded with the NAV in the Tesla well enough to ask her her name yet...

I've always had the tradition of naming the NAV in my cars, but I have yet to name a car. I'd give them names appropriate for their country of origin. In my Audi, she was Gerthe, in my Lexus she was Suki. I haven't bonded with the NAV in the Tesla well enough to ask her her name yet...
I give every nav system (be it in-car, stand alone, or smart phone) the name GePuS (pronounced jee-pus). I'll often invoke the name of Gepus when I am lost with the phrase, "Save me, Gepus!"

Last edited by a moderator: