Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla don't disappoint me

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla won't disappoint, but the Computer History Museum might be a frustration for those who attempt a visit on Monday or Tuesday. They are closed on both days.
Walt Disney Family Museum in SF is closed on Tuesday. Always get the parking pass for the dash, $75 fine even when charging an EV.
Winchester Mystery House is open every day.

I am leaving on Monday for the Tuesday event. Will tour san jose on Monday and Wednesday. 2 plane ticket+3 night hotels+rental car, it better be some party and I will be the last one to leave. Lol

Tesla, please don't disappoint me as well.
Thx.

What are you expecting? What would have to be missing for you to be disappointed?

Tesla events tend to be overcrowded, blast overly loud music, have bad parking, start super late, and tend to be geared toward the press. I go to every Tesla event I can but with very managed expectations.

Tesla won't disappoint, but the Computer History Museum might be a frustration for those who attempt a visit on Monday or Tuesday. They are closed on both days.
Walt Disney Family Museum in SF is closed on Tuesday. Always get the parking pass for the dash, $75 fine even when charging an EV.
Winchester Mystery House is open every day.

You should have most of Tuesday to do as you wish.

Maybe make reservation and Tour Tesla Factory on Tuesday.
Point Lobos is a favorite of mine, as is 17 Mile drive.
Aquarium in Monterrey is outstanding.
Winchester Mystery House is unique and worth the tour price.
If you arrive in time, head North of SF and tour Muir Woods on Tuesday morning, return that afternoon and enjoy the event.

Model X Config: 110kWh battery, Tech Package, Motorized roof rack, 55kWh Battery Trailer, Matte Obeche Exterior wood paneling, fish tank armrest.

What's your 165kWh range in that thing? Do the fish get excited when you launch or turn fast, or hit a pothole or stop suddenly? Does your trailer fishtail in corners or when doing emergency breaking? What coating do you use on your exterior? How are you towing such a heavy trailer?

I love your options. Very good taste, and excellent find on the config page --- most people missed those items.

I'm driving up from SoCal in my P85D on Monday, will stay in SFO til leaving on Wednesday.

I'm hoping for the following:

1. Unveiling of the X (obviously),
2. Advice on Timeline for deliveries
3. An X I can sit in for myself.
4. Advice on when Autopilot/7.0 for S is to be released.
5. Hoping for Test Rides of the X

Looking forward to a good time.

What's your 165kWh range in that thing? Do the fish get excited when you launch or turn fast, or hit a pothole or stop suddenly? Does your trailer fishtail in corners or when doing emergency breaking? What coating do you use on your exterior? How are you towing such a heavy trailer?

I love your options. Very good taste, and excellent find on the config page --- most people missed those items.
You should see AnxietyRangers renders of the exterior paneling! :)

The big disappointment I could see if there is little or even no opportunity to get up close and personal with the X. That 'everything will be revealed' as a nice press package summing up the highlights from the configurator that most of us already know, that Elon hypes up autopilot functionality that will we rolled out 'over the following months' and that very little of the actual details we are dying to know are actually revealed.

The big disappointment I could see if there is little or even no opportunity to get up close and personal with the X. That 'everything will be revealed' as a nice press package summing up the highlights from the configurator that most of us already know, that Elon hypes up autopilot functionality that will we rolled out 'over the following months' and that very little of the actual details we are dying to know are actually revealed.
I'll bet anyone one dollar this is exactly what happens. ;-)

"Close" is relative. I have a zoom lens. :)