Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lloyd Luxe mat issue ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
I just received my new Lloyd Luxe mats. Real nice, thick, etc.

I bought the 2 front mats and the single rear mat. Fronts are great.
The rear mat is a lot wider than the Tesla OEM mat. The length is fine but it seems the width between the back of the front seat to the front of the rear seat is too much.
Anyone else with these, can you comment ?
I thought I'd ask the forum before I contact the vendor.
Thanks

I had no problem with the rear seat mat. Fits fine. Maybe a little tight width-wise under the front seats. But no issues.

I got the entire set and had these issues:

Frunk: too long in the microwave (non D models). But it just slides up the back of the MW, so it is not a problem for me. Tesla did shorten the MW area by 3 or so inches and I think I got mine during the transition. Not really their fault.
Trunk main area: fit is not that great toward the rear of the trunk, near the bumper. A little sloppy. But I decided to let it go.
Trunk lower area: Also not a great fit. But both mats will do what I want, which is to protect the factory carpet for resale purposes.

The fronts are probably as good as they can get it and none of the mats shift at all, even when not using the hooks for the front, which is great.

I did contact them and suggested that they remeasure.

They are the highest quality mats I have been able to find.

Does anyone know whether the template for the rear mat need to take into account whether the seats are the original seats or next gen seats? I'm wondering if that's a factor why my rear mat doesn't sit properly.
I have seen several posts indicating that the rear dimensions might have changed with the introduction of NextGen seats. I bought Lloyd's mats, and the rear one puckers up when the front seat is moved all the way back. I contacted the vendor in late August, who in turn contacted Lloyd's. The vendor is waiting for Lloyd to remeasure and retool their rear mat offerings. It's sure taking a long time to do that in my opinion.

Does anyone know whether the template for the rear mat need to take into account whether the seats are the original seats or next gen seats? I'm wondering if that's a factor why my rear mat doesn't sit properly.
FWIW, Tesla's own all-weather mats don't have multiple sizes available in the Tesla store, implying to me they fit any MY MS with any seat variations. I have them in my 9-2105 build with next gen seats, and the fit is fine for the back seat foot area... Don't know how the LLoyd Mats are supposed to fit around the back of the front seats, but the OEM all-weather ones are designed to slide under the seat rails on either side of the center console. It takes a bit of doing with a very tight fit (had to use a tool to push them into place), but they eventually fit as the instructions indicated. Sounds to me like there is something with the way the Lloyd mats are supposed to fit, or if they are also supposed to slide under those rails too, perhaps the mat height is part of the problem (all-weather are quite thin in comparison to carpet).

I have seen several posts indicating that the rear dimensions might have changed with the introduction of NextGen seats. I bought Lloyd's mats, and the rear one puckers up when the front seat is moved all the way back. I contacted the vendor in late August, who in turn contacted Lloyd's. The vendor is waiting for Lloyd to remeasure and retool their rear mat offerings. It's sure taking a long time to do that in my opinion.

I am in the same boat. I even spoke with one of the Lloyd pattern designers last week. He was about to go see a new MS with next gen seats. Then he will let me know what action they will take. I'm waiting too.

FWIW, Tesla's own all-weather mats don't have multiple sizes available in the Tesla store, implying to me they fit any MY MS with any seat variations. I have them in my 9-2105 build with next gen seats, and the fit is fine for the back seat foot area... Don't know how the LLoyd Mats are supposed to fit around the back of the front seats, but the OEM all-weather ones are designed to slide under the seat rails on either side of the center console. It takes a bit of doing with a very tight fit (had to use a tool to push them into place), but they eventually fit as the instructions indicated. Sounds to me like there is something with the way the Lloyd mats are supposed to fit, or if they are also supposed to slide under those rails too, perhaps the mat height is part of the problem (all-weather are quite thin in comparison to carpet).

The Lloyd mat I got a couple of years ago extends under the front seats but has cutouts for the rails.

This is the Lloyd TruBerber rear mat. The photo shows that when the passenger seat is pushed all the way back, it causes the rear carpet to bulge. When the passenger seat is somewhat forward (towards the front of the car), the Lloyd mat slides under the front seat, rests flush up against the rear seats, and fits very nicely. The variation in the color pattern in the photos is indicative of where the bulge is happening (basically in the middle of the carpet). It doesn't appear possible to push this carpet underneath the rail - it's too thick:
Lloyd Mat.jpeg

Lloyd Mat2.jpeg

This is the Lloyd TruBerber rear mat. The photo shows that when the passenger seat is pushed all the way back, it causes the rear carpet to bulge. When the passenger seat is somewhat forward (towards the front of the car), the Lloyd mat slides under the front seat, rests flush up against the rear seats, and fits very nicely. The variation in the color pattern in the photos is indicative of where the bulge is happening (basically in the middle of the carpet). It doesn't appear possible to push this carpet underneath the rail - it's too thick:

There we go. Thx for the photo ... sort of as I suspected. OEM Tesla All-Weather mats are thin enough and designed to slip under those rails -- but it's a tight squeeze that required some maneuvering. Appears Lloyd definitely needs to rework their pattern.