Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our S85D "finally" arrived yesterday, delivered right to our driveway. We had an absolutely gorgeous Kentucky day here. Delivery was a blast—the iPhone app started working when the driver was about 45min away, so we watched the car make it's way to us, then snapped photos as it came down the street. The driver was very nice, and hung around while I went over the car with the checklist. Wonderfully, I couldn't (can't) find a flaw with the car.

It's so awesome. I wish I had something unique to say, but the reality is I'm still in a bit of shock seeing it in the garage. We already put over 100 miles on it, and we both had to work yesterday and today! I had driven a P85D in one of my test drives, but I didn't truly realize just how fast the regular 85D is. It's just an amazing amount of fun, especially on our winding back roads.

Thank you to everyone with all your comments on here, which helped me (via lurking) make the right choices (for us).

Enjoy the photos!

IMG_2843.JPG

IMG_2864.JPG

IMG_2870.JPG

Congrats! I got my own 85D last Saturday and it looks exactly like yours! The only difference is that I got the grey seats. I totally understand that shock feeling when looking at it sitting in your garage. You will get used to it soon enough.

It is beautiful and I'm wondering if you are doing anything to the front to keep it looking nice? Xpel maybe? I've only driven through Kentucky once, but there were a ton of bugs on the front that were hard to get off.

I notice Harpeth Towing delivered it. I'm guessing you ordered from the Nashville SC and had it shipped up to you?

Glad to see that Nashville SC uses Harpeth. They are well known in the area to be the best with high line cars. Used them for all my issues with my F-cars. Which there of course were many (issues that is).

Oh and congrats on the car. It looks great. Tracking it in-bound must have been totally fun.

Beautiful car!! Congrats, that's awesome. Thanks for posting the pics. I have a similar 85D on order for late October - same color. I've been dying to see recent pics of the Midnight Silver Metallic and your pics only me make me that much happier about my color choice! Cheers!

I notice Harpeth Towing delivered it. I'm guessing you ordered from the Nashville SC and had it shipped up to you?

Annoyingly, I ordered it from the Cincinnati location (which is over an hour closer), but they decided to ship it to Tennessee instead—no input from me. It appears to be a region thing. So, the main reason it was delivered is we couldn't really drive 6+ hours just to pick up a car (we would have had to bring our 3-year-old with us, too!)

But, yeah, the delivery driver was extremely nice, and tracking it was fun!

- - - Updated - - -

Congratulations!! You will love it. I am just up the road in Indy. Wish they would install a Supercharger in Louisville. It would make our trips there to see the grandkids easier.

Louisville is slated for one in the next year or so! Actually two, one in Louisville proper, and one near Elizabethtown, a couple hours south.

- - - Updated - - -

Beautiful car!! Congrats, that's awesome. Thanks for posting the pics. I have a similar 85D on order for late October - same color. I've been dying to see recent pics of the Midnight Silver Metallic and your pics only me make me that much happier about my color choice! Cheers!

It's absolutely gorgeous in person, especially with the right sky. It really reflects the sky wonderfully, and the hint of blue metallic flake shines in the sun.

- - - Updated - - -

It is beautiful and I'm wondering if you are doing anything to the front to keep it looking nice? Xpel maybe? I've only driven through Kentucky once, but there were a ton of bugs on the front that were hard to get off.

I'm not really worried about it, I'll just have to learn to keep my car cleaner than I'm used to. Honestly, the bugs in our part of Kentucky aren't that bad at all!