Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging in Las Vegas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just go there and win it,
wheels-Cosmo-Tesla-Roadster-blog480.jpg

and drive it home!

PS
It turned out the LA store had the skinny on Vegas too.

And the skinny is?

I really want to spend some time driving through Death Valley - checking into if the RV park at Furnace Creek or Stovepipe Wells has at least 50amp available. I lived there for several years - scenery is incredible, indescribable really. It seems like the perfect backdrop for an EV. I still remember coming into the valley for the first time, pulling over and turning off my engine. It was so silent that my ears hurt, straining to hear. No sound of wind or trees rustling. Just. Silence.

But first I have to figure out where/how I'll charge.

Call the ranch at Furnace creek, or the Inn. The ranch would be more likely to have a charging recipticle for you. They are very accomodating there, and I do not think you will have a porblem once there. You wll feel lucky driving the roadster. I paid $6.66 per gallon there several weeks ago.

Call the ranch at Furnace creek, or the Inn. The ranch would be more likely to have a charging recipticle for you. They are very accomodating there, and I do not think you will have a porblem once there. You wll feel lucky driving the roadster. I paid $6.66 per gallon there several weeks ago.

I worked at both the Inn and the Ranch when I was around 19, and then the mining operation on the way to Dante's View ... the stories i could tell :). Yes, they're extremely accommodating - in fact, worst case, I thought I'd ask them if I could use one the laundromat 14-50 outlets in the back by the date orchards. There are also all the trailer hookups back there.

Isn't the Valley stunning?

It will be the perfect place to try out the new mesh top I'm getting :).

And yes, I know the place well ... I had a restored Porsche 911T when I lived there. The local highway patrol (Al Bradley, long gone now) advised me to NOT have the shocks adjusted - worried I'd bottom out by Scotty's Castle around '120 or 130'. Uh, okay Al! I think my favorite public place is Titus Canyon. Most magical times were in the summer when the wrangler would let me take a string of horses up into the valleys under a full moon, just so they could get some exercise. It felt timeless. And it was priceless.

I'm glad you appreciate the beauty there. Not everyone 'gets it'. :)

I was in Vegas last month. I stayed at the Green Valley Resort in Henderson and they have a single NEMA 14-50 in the first level of the valet parking lot on the hotel side. It is located next to the first parking spot on the left once you enter the structure. It looked good, but I don't know if it was functional.

I was in Vegas last month. I stayed at the Green Valley Resort in Henderson and they have a single NEMA 14-50 in the first level of the valet parking lot on the hotel side. It is located next to the first parking spot on the left once you enter the structure. It looked good, but I don't know if it was functional.

That's good info! thanks

I drove my Tesla to Las Vegas last fall - here's what I learned:

- The Hard Rock hotel allowed me access to 120V while in their parking structure. Call ahead to make arrangements. (And bring an extension cord, you need an extra 10 feet or so to easily reach the outlet.)

- The KOA Campground next to Circus Circus allowed me to use one of their 50 Amp spaces; however, they charged the full overnight rate, which I believe was around $60. The campground is directly adjacent to the Circus Circus hotel, so if you wanted to stay there, it is a super short walk. You are also within easy walking distance of the Riviera, which is just across the street.

there are charging stations in vegas. consult the apps, recargo, and EVcharger, available on the apple app store, for FREE. they list lots of charging stations. these are good apps to have. you can also charge on your way to vegas in barstow, at a tesla charger. good luck. enjoy. peace. frank landfield. :)

Unfortunately, the apps don't always reflect EV-friendly RV parks & hotel options. I have all the apps on my iPhone (as do most here, I assume) and that has been helpful at times. But when planning a trip to Reno, I received several other options that don't show on apps.