Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Configuration of 2 captains chairs and 6 seats is available now.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

scottf200

Feb 3, 2013
Chicagoland
Configuration of 2 captains chairs and 6 seats is available now.

No price difference that I can tell.

The large picture at the top does not change when you select 6 seats. We would have analyzed that to death!

Image: http://i.imgur.com/wqgICFX.png
wqgICFX.png

Image: http://i.imgur.com/hItSdbk.png
hItSdbk.png

Image:
rdx3Kvp.png

Last edited:
Interesting. I guess they really are targeting both the SUV market and the mini-van market. This is the same setup as our Toyota Sienna minivan. And that's a good thing. If you can create a vehicle with the functionality of a minivan that doesn't look like or drive like a minivan, you have a winning formula.

Interesting. I guess they really are targeting both the SUV market and the mini-van market. This is the same setup as our Toyota Sienna minivan. And that's a good thing. If you can create a vehicle with the functionality of a minivan that doesn't look like or drive like a minivan, you have a winning formula.

I have captains chairs in my current 2003 Ford Expedition. Love them. Currently planning on getting them on the X.

A coworker noted that his wife also requires there be no center console between the driver and front passenger, to allow for easy access to kids sitting in the middle row. Evidently this is a thing on many minivans.

What Volvo has done to address this concern is design the middle seat of the second row so that the middle seat can be moved forward. Do the Model X second row seats move forward and back?

Middle.jpg

A coworker noted that his wife also requires there be no center console between the driver and front passenger, to allow for easy access to kids sitting in the middle row. Evidently this is a thing on many minivans.
I think that is a good idea. Some people may never want to use the front doors and will just walk to the back and exit via the Falcon Wings in style.

You can probably shove 2"x4"x12" boards right down the middle of that thing! Put a towel on the top of the dash to protect it and you're good to go!

We may very well go for this option. Sad to lose the 7th seat but we honestly don't ever use the 7th seat in the SUV we have now. Mostly that is because it's in the third row and is absurdly small though.

I really wish I could see both layouts in person before ordering but I know that's just not going to happen.

I hope they allow folks who have already ordered to change if they so desire.

(I see Volvo Mom has her hand on the wheel... Is she driving while kid-interfacing?)

Yes, but she's driving in The Construct so there's nothing to run into. :biggrin:

I am wondering now if the center seat will possibly be removable in the 7-seat version. That would address one of the complaints about the lack of folding 2nd row - that you won't be able to put long, thin cargo down the middle all the way to the front.

Wow, that was quick. From only 1 second row solution offered to 2. I'm guessing these fold. Tesla appears to be moving at the speed of light. It just confirms to me that the reason why the Design Studio wasn't available until recently (and still only limited availability) is because they haven't figured out all the options and prices yet.

Million thanks scottf200